Ch 34: Cries+Shots+Strawberries=WIN

Hey fans! Sorry for the extremely late upload. I'm pretty busy but I managed to write a chapter. I hope I don't do this again. >.< Thanks to those who are still loyal to the story. Please COMMENT, VOTE, and FAN! :) 

Chapter 34: Airi

My first thought was the balcony in Merelises’ room.

I’ll check there, I told myself, overlooking the slightest hint of worry in my thoughts. Not only had Merelise walked away from dinner, but had walked away from dinner with waterworks. I trekked up the stairs, ultimately yanking off the heels I was obliged to wear in order to keep the mermaid tail of this dress from tripping me. Praying in mind two seconds prior to opening the door, I was led to a dead end with no Merelise. I went to Liam’s room just in case, but was unsuccessful yet again.

Ten minutes had gone by and I was still searching.

Then came twenty.

Then went thirty.

I was beginning to panic; thinking of possible situations Merelise could have put herself to pacify the medley of hyperventilation and tears. Hopefully she hadn’t hopped into a random car and driven off to Saudi Arabia or something.

I passed Liam who had also been searching for Merelise.

“Damn that girl. Where the f*ck is she?”

“I have no clue. I even checked your closet.” Liam gave me curious look, probably tying to narrow down the hiding places.

“Did you check under the bed?” he finally asked. 

“Should I be looking under the beds for a twenty-two year old?”

“Quick fact; Merelise’s famous hiding space is just that. I’ll go. Check the bathrooms.” He ran off before I could confirm with him that I already had checked all four of them, twice.  Knowing Merelise wouldn’t take the opportunity to utilize the restroom in the three seconds right after I had checked, I decided my last resort would be the kitchen.

Guess where the princess was all this time?

“So now you’re an alcoholic.”

“There should be sexy somewhere in that.” Crouched on the ground, her sheer satin dress sloppily spilled across the tile, was Merelise, a bottle of goose in one hand and the tan cork that had once held the concentrated substance in the emerald green glass. Her words were all laugh but her tone was all bawl.  I slouched down to her eye level, slowing grabbing the bottle from her hands as she wept with drunkenness.  Her hands attempted to clear the rain but her head rested on my shoulder with defeat.

“Mere—”

It’s not going. It won’t ever. What did I ever do for this? Why can’t it? Why me? There’s nothing I can do. Not a thing. I can’t take it. Airi, please don’t tell him.” I was unreservedly perplexed, trying to arrange the details to make a more sensible story. What was it? What wasn’t goingaway?

“Merelise what are you referring to? Did something happen between you and Ashton?”

                “No. It’s not Ashton. It’s –. Just please don’t tell him. Not Liam. He doesn’t deserve this. Please. He’ll do something—. What am I supposed to do?”  She couldn’t be talking about—. I lost my train of thought when Liam appeared from nowhere to grab his older sister and give her a sweet embrace of comfort.

                “Mere, don’t scare the shit out of me like that again. What’s wrong? Your alternative is never the kitchen,” Liam spoke gently.  She wasn’t going to tell him the reason though. I was positive, considering I was present for her repetition of insisting to keep Liam in the dark.