Ch 1: A dirty virgin, a night of shots, and a sex god.

A dirty virgin, a night of shots, and a sex god: Airi

“You and I better head out. We’re already an hour late,” said Eliyza while scrunching the ends of her usual pin-straight, blonde hair, to give it a curling effect.  I was standing at the door, picking my nails in boredom. With black, frizzy locks that people mistook as luscious waves, the hair grooming process was abbreviated, giving me more time to waste.

“Ells, I find your words to be just a bit ironic. You’re still working on your hair while I’m sitting here, practically clawing at the door to leave.” My comment, which had meant to amicably clarify the situation, had only brought tension in the atmosphere. I was doused in exhaustion and to put it frank, my hundredth clubbing experience would follow my austere agenda of: making-out with another one of those thirty minute flings, rejecting the sex offer, and later getting on with my life.

“Way to go mega-bitch on me. I’m only trying to help you out, here.” Eliyza, my closest friend since the elementary school, had very contrasting morals to mine.  The birth of our extravagant relationship began with a leper on the swings, waiting for an excuse to smile. That would be me; a tragedy, I know. Then, Ells, who happened to be my mirror image, asked if I wanted to play tag with her. I accepted the invitation with much desperation and the friendship bloomed from then.

It’s true! All I’ve got to wear is a tank, some shorts and almost instantly, do I have a guy who wants some fun. And tonight, that’s all I’m looking for. ” I replied, easily dissolving the strain.

It took Eliyza only a second to yell “CONCEITED SLUT!”, while trying to conceal a laugh. I wiggled my brows with agreement although we both were aware that picking up guys was a very rare thing for me to do. Let’s say it’s my routine for a way out of reality.

“What can I say? While you go to the spa to relieve stress or take a drive to the mall to have fun, I get them both down after a little encounter with the opposite sex.” I replied, realizing I had just incinerated the little amount of dignity I had been living on. But it was only Ells I was speaking to, so it had potential to grow back.

“Well dear, you can’t be a qualified wh*re if you’re walking away from these little encounters still a virgin.”

Okay, so technically, I’m still pure, even with all the depravity.

“Fine, little Miss Perfect with your perfect boyfriend and your perfect sex life,” I replied in surrender, grabbing Eliyza’s keys and heading toward her Mazda. Just as I pulled the handle to the door, a motorcycle sped through the lot leaving a vanishing trail of neon red.

“Now that is how you ride one of those. Did you see the tail lights on that beauty?” I said to Eliyza as she rolled her eyes in indifference. The small talk later commenced, focusing on our little group of friends whom we hadn’t seen since the end of freshmen year at Cornell. We were close to our destination when I began to fidget with the tears in my high-waisted, white shorts. The backless halter top I wore now started to feel a little too “backless,” crossing the line of comfort. Although I was accustomed to this mood prior to my entrance in a club, I still made the attempt to avert my attention by asking Ells about the place we were quickly approaching.

******

With the absence of hesitation, the body heat circulating through the club pulled me in, filling my lungs with the scent of perfume, cologne, and sweat. Piercing beats controlled the pump of my own heart, puncturing my aura of stress. I was officially in my element.

“Airi! Eliyza! Over here!” I saw Kirra, Nadia, and Sadie waving furiously at us. Eliyza seized my arm with eagerness, pulling me behind her in the direction of the barstools.