Ch 33: Jewelry and Jealousies

OH MY GOSH! DID I UPLOAD? AND ON TIME FOR ONCE? lol, it's true. i saw that i got a few more comments from last time. that means you guys are telling me you care, right? So to those of you who did comment and vote, this one's for you.  The conflict is almost here, I swear. Just bare with me! :) Please COMMENT, VOTE, and FAN. oh, by the way, i've started a new thing where i post a song for each chapter (it will usually be a song mentioned in the chapter or one i was listening to while i wrote it.) SO there you have it! =]

Chapter 33: Liam

                The time was approximately 7:39 pm and Airi was still in the bathroom doing god knows what. The girl looks good in a regular ponytail but no, she still insists on taking up an hour to properly groom her curls.  I lay on my bed, deciding to ignore the nagging in my head that warned me of how Airi would yell at the new born folds in the tux. The bow tie she had knotted only a few seconds ago was blocking the airways of my trachea but I did not dare to complain considering Airi was in a fierce mood today. Let us not forget the eventful, well, event of Merelise walking on us after having bath sex.  After that, I promised myself I would not speak of sex for a few days just to lay low.

                “Alright, I’m done. What do you think?” She came out in the dress I bought for her. Though I had seen it on her before, she didn’t fail to surprise me yet again. I guess when it all came together— the jewelry and the smiling expression in her eyes that hollered nothing but exhilaration—it was an entirely foreign look. She batted her lashes flirtatiously, twirling when she caught me grinning like a fool. I perceived everything today. Not a factor missed. She had put on a little eye make-up tonight. Her lips were a shade darker than her usual pink color. Her ears were adorned with chandelier-like earrings. A delicate diamond bracelet locked around her thin wrist. The beauty of soaring waves, the shade of cerulean with wisps of champagne ocean foam gliding over the shore of crystallized sand was inferior to her tonight; she looked that exquisite. Her hair was styled in an intricate way, it seeming supple as silk. It was as if she had braided a part of it to use as a hair band, then tying it with the rest into a loose bun. I have no clue how chicks do it. But of course Airi doesn’t have to put in that much effort to turn me on.

                “You look amazing,” I said, feeling like an idiot shortly after. Amazing was not the greatest word out there to describe what Airi looked like right now.

                “You look pretty handsome too, Liam.” I hooked her arm into mine, leading her downstairs where the party had commenced.

                ******

                “Oh Liam! Look how much you’ve grown. I remember a time when you were shorter than me! So, how’s college life? Finally living with freedom, am I right?” I laughed at the question my aunt had asked me. This was what, the fifty-seventh person I had spoken to since the party had begun? The family tree of Alencars was here, bonding with the occasional family friends. Shit, who am I kidding? The entire town was at my place. Airi had spoken with some of my relatives, which shocked me since I expected this to be awkward. Currently, she was intensely conversing with Uncle Jonan. Because he was a former genetic engineer, I could what made it intense. That girl loves genetics like how I love physics. I got back to Airi who was still talking with Jonan, having to covet her.

                “KIKO!” I cringed at the familiar, deep voice. Not the Kiko thing again.

                “Rhys…. Didn’t think I’d see you here.” F*ck.

                “Cuz, you know I wouldn’t miss it for the world. How’s my baby Kiko been?” Honestly, His conceited aura was past me from forever ago but, his mere presence still had the ability to piss my guts off.