Ch 7: Spontaneous-ism and Loose Strings

Spontaneous-ism and Loose Strings: Airi

Forty-eight hours had passed since events involving the loss of my virginity and Klondike bar sexy time occurred. 

Only a week worth of vacation was left for us college folk and we all decided it was time to get a little spontaneous. Nadia had come up with the brilliant plan of giving our good friend "La Plage" a short visit. The thought was too close to perfect and only when Eliyza knocked on my room door the day before our leave was I realizing I had jinxed myself. 

*****

Relaxed on my bed with a copy of The Picture of Dorian Gray in my hand and a wine cooler in the other, something came to my attention. How the hell does Liam know where I live? As my concious and I conversed on the matter, Owen entered the dorm with his soccer bag. Eliyza scurried to tue door like the princess in a fairytale, kissing him. 

"Hey Airi, can you grab us some bottles too?" asked Owen, his arm around Eliyza's hips.

"Yeah, sure. Um, do you guys, by any chance, know how Liam knows where I live?"

"I told him." Eliyza replied in a michevious tone.

"What? Why?" Owen asked with serious worry in his voice. 

"Well he seemed pretty desperate to see you Airi. I thought it was something important," she said, pulling Owen to the guest room. I glanced at him, eyeing the uncomfortable posture he stood in. It must be the though of Liam in the room with me, alone.

"Owen, you're so sweet, being all protective about me. But don't worry, I have no desire to do Liam in the future."

He ignored me, obviously touched by my assurance. Eliyza, on the other hand jerked forward, grabbing my shoulders.

"Airi, have you even thought about the possibility of you two being together?"

"What possibilities? Look, there is no such thing as 'commitment' in the life I live."

"When you come to parties alone, there are times when you look like you're indulging in self-pitty."

"Or it could just be the face of boredom...."

"Bullshit. Whatever.... It's a shame though."

"What is?"

"You and Liam."

"I don't understand why you're so concerned. It's my life."

"I really thought I saw something." She let out a big sigh while I averted myself to something else, trying to hide the little amount of disappointment.

"Well, I'm going to have to tell him to bring a girl with him now."

"What are you talking about?"

"You know. I invited him to the beach with us. You two were going to share a room. Since we all thought you were together now."

"Well, I mean, it's not like we can't stand to be together in the same room." I replied, choosing my words carefully, especially in front of Eliyza. "We can still...live in the...same...together."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I don't mind."

"Alrighty then. This is going to be grand!"

"Hahaha..." I laughed sarcastically. Well isn't this dream.

Eliyza headed to the bathroom and I went to go finish my novel. Liam is coming to the beach. And I found this out now. And we are leaving tomorrow. And he is staying in the same room as me. And I'm a little attracted to him. This is going to be hell.