Ch 28: POST-Depression Sex and Thanks Giving Proposals

Hey everyone. So, after a highly depressing chapter, i wanted some happy thoughts. And that's exactly what I wrote about. Enjoy! ps. the chapter kind of directly picks up where Liam ended last time but in Airi's veiw. COMMENT, VOTE, FAN! And PLS check out THE MASKED PRINCE. it's a new story i started. thanks! :)

Chapter 28: Airi

                He tried everyday of the week. And eventually, I got better. It wasn’t a big deal that I suddenly was able to remember what the woman I temporarily called mother, was like. But it was to him and he went through the trouble of sitting me down at the dinner table, forcing me to confess what it was that brought me tears. We did this almost every night, and in the mornings, when I woke up to see the other side of bed empty because Liam had practice or class, there lay a beautiful bouquet of roses or daffodils or daisies, occupying what should have been him. And this happened every time, without miss.

The closure went on for a couple of weeks, maybe three or four. At one point, he asked if I wanted to find her. It was the last week of Liam’s therapy including November, and he and I seemed confident that I was fully recovered. I said no without hesitation. She chose to leave us and I want to keep it that way, simple as that. But there was someone I did want to see. Someone I had to see.

I walked up the steps to the apartment hoping she would give me a chance to apologize. Yes, Eliyza and I had gotten into tremendous fights, some even with the use of violence, but I knew this was much more serious and what I said more bruising than a punch in the eye.  I gave the bell a ring and waited. Eventually, the door was opened by a teary Eli.

“Why are you crying?!” I yelled, panicking. She pointed to Owen who was, cooking?  I walked past Eli, dragging her behind me by the hand.

“Owen! Why the hell is she crying?! What did you do to her?!” He looked back at me, disbelief written all over her face.

“I don’t know what I did! She won’t tell me!” I gave him a shaking head that gestured disgraceful. I turned back to Eliyza, thinking of something to do.

“Eli, sweetie, why don’t you take a nap. We’ll talk later.” I gave her hug that she returned and she walked into the bedroom to sleep. I bore my eyes into Owen’s back, rolling my eyes when I realized he needed help. I pushed him out of the way, switching off the stoves and putting majority of the pans filled with goop he called food, into the sink. Men. Am I right?

“What in the world are you doing?” I asked turning back to him.

“You’re a life savior. Thank you for choosing this day to come here.” He gave me a tight hug, squeezing all the air out of me.

“Alright, alright. Get off of me. You still haven’t answered my previous questions; plural.”

“Airi, this whole pregnant thing is crazy. I love Eli to death, and I would never leave her even when she is pregnant with my baby, but you must understand me when I say that women go nuts when their knocked. That girl eats like a starving elephant.” I slapped his shoulder, not believing a word he said. Eli hasn’t gained a freaking pound. “Listen. I feel awful. She gags almost every morning and I’m scared one day I’m going to see blood. But as soon as she brushes her teeth, she’s off to wipe out the entire pantry. I think I bought groceries three times this month. But that’s not even the issue. After examining what we’ve got in the completely full fridge for about an hour, she decides she wants fish in chips with a bucket of cookies and cream frozen yogurt.”

He abruptly stopped to open the freezer and toss me the tub of froyo. “She won’t eat it because it’s ice cream. And Jesus you should see her mood swings. Yesterday, she pulled me into her room and we hit it off. This morning when I went to kiss her, she pushed me away so hard, I fell off the bed. And she doesn’t tell me why she’s mad or why she’s crying. Did I mention she cries at least five times a day? A week ago we were watching Monty Python and she started crying because of the rabid bunny. Is that even possible?”