Ch 31: Your Flight has Arrived

Hey everyone! Sorry for the really late upload. If you think I have given up on this story, clearly i haven't and don't plan to anytime soon. Thank you if you're still reading this story and supporting it. I really appreciate the smallest things you guys do. Seriously, i do. :) I know this upload is short but i do plan to upload again tonight or tommorow to make up for it. This one's just a filler. sorry! tat ta. PLEASE COMMET, VOTE, and FAN!

Chapter 31: Liam

                I saw the look on my mom’s face when she took a glance at Airi.

                Proud. Definitely proud.

                I’ll take that as a positive notion.

                “Hi! Come in, come in. You must be Airi, Liam’s girlfriend.”

                “Yup. Nice to meet you Mrs. Alencer.”

                “Cute girl you got there.” Mum replied in Portuguese, looking at me. We walked into the house, carrying our bags behind us. I was nervous, no doubt about it. Airi seemed just a bit more stiff then her usual self and even though I knew my family more than I get credit for, I had no clue how this would turn out. Inside, it felt as if Santa Clause came in and puked Christmas all over the furniture. Mum was always in the holiday spirit, looking through catalogues to purchase exotic ornaments and such.

                “Airi!” Merelise came sprinting out from absolutely nowhere, grabbing onto Airi and giving her a bear-y embrace. “It’s been so long since we last talked! I thought I wouldn’t see you for weeks! And here you are, finally. “Airi just smiled, hugging her back. To my unfortunate state, I think she liked the idea of having an older “sister”.

                “Aww Merelise, I missed you too.” She turned to me, frowning at my sarcasm. I gave a mischievous grin, pushing her buttons.

                “Oh what the hell? Kiko! You’re back.” To get back at me, she hauled her arm around my neck, locking it in place, giving me a noogie while messing my hair. When Merelise let go, Airi gave me a puzzled look.

                “Kiko?” she asked. Ugh. That stupid name.

                “Oh, haha. It’s my nickname for Liam. There’s a pretty hilarious story behind it. When he was two or three, his favorite brand of diaper was Kikowly in Brazil. So I started calling him Kiko and it just stuck. Isn’t that right Kiko?” Airi attempted to stifle a laugh while Merelise lifted her eyebrows waiting for an answer.

                “Don’t tease my baby, now. Liam we’ve missed you so much.” Mum came up from behind, giving Airi and me a glass of juice. She then wrapped her arm around my waist since my shoulders were out of her reach.

                “Daddy, did you hear that?! Mom and Kiko are ganging up on me!” Dad came striding in with his premature beer belly, fending for the demon lord.

                “Liam!” He gave me an unexpected hug, patting my back.

                “Hey dad. You’re looking good.”

                “Thanks son. Oh, and you’re Liam’s Airi, I presume.” Airi gave in with a dark scarlet blush, which made me blush. Merelise turned around to crack up.

                “Yes, you presumed accurately. It’s a pleasure to meet you Mr. Alencer.” Then there was the awkward silence. I thought it would be best to break it.

                “So, we’re going to freshen up and go to bed.”

                “That would be fine. Both of you and Mery can go to town to show Airi around tommorow morning.” I gave mom a nod and gestured Airi to follow me.