Losing the Moonstone Wolf Pack

Quick note :)

For those of you who have randomly stumbled across this story, this book is a SEQUEL. But don’t worry, you can carry on reading; everything is explained in the first chapter, so nothing should be too confusing :) You don’t have to read the first book! I know most of you will be here by choice thought, so thanks for coming back to you guys, thanks for joining to the new kids, and thanks for reading to everyone.

Enjoy! Xxxxxxxxx

Losing the Moonstone Wolf Pack

Can miles truly separate you from friends...? If you want to be with someone you love, aren't you already there?

Richard Bach

Addie’s P.O.V

I rested the tip of the soft grey pencil on the paper and drew a final gentle, sweeping line across the page. Tilting my head to one side, I studied the end result of the picture. Not bad. I was an okay artist; photography was my thing, really.

The picture I was drawing was of my two best friends, Luna and Ruby-May. I had taken the photo just the other day, and it was pretty good. I liked to copy photos onto paper, trying to make them as life-like as possible. Summer was in full swing, and the angle of the photo had just caught the evening sunlight, turning everything a smoky golden colour. It caught the light in Luna’s shoulder-length blonde hair, and turned Ruby-May’s loose curls even more golden. Both my best friends were pretty; Luna, because she smiled, wore lots of make-up and had a model for a mom, and Ruby-may because-

Well, because she was a werewolf.

Cheesy as hell, right? My best friend is a werewolf. It gets worse. Ruby-May’s not the only werewolf; I’m one too. I’d found out just a year ago, when Ruby-May and her family moved to England. And the reason I’d never known before? My werewolf father had to leave, because someone wiped my mother’s memory, and anything remotely werewolf-y she remembered would cause her brains to blow up. Nice image, right? I still didn’t know who’d given her the potion to make her forget; either way, it meant my Dad Zach had to leave, because the mere memory of him would cause his mate’s-my mother’s- brains to implode.

And so, by complete and creepy coincidence, my Dad joined Ruby-May’s pack (well, not Ruby-May’s pack specifically- it was actually Dave, her adoptive father’s pack). I’d found out Zach was my father about six months ago, when I met my uncle from America, Dad’s brother. He and his family had been planning on telling me that I was a werewolf and all that jazz, having never met me before, but I’d already found out by then- about two weeks before they’d arrived. More creepy coincidences for me to deal with. It turns out that being a supernatural creature of the night leads to a lot of those. I guess it’s one of the down points.

Another downer is the extra package that comes with being a werewolf- Vampyres. Laugh all you want at the sheer corniness of it, but they’re not that funny to me. I’d been inches away from either having my throat ripped out, or my veins poisoned. Vampyre venom has that effect on werewolves, you see. Either way, it wouldn’t be a nice way to go. And the one that had tried to kill me (and who’d succeeded in killing my former best friend Funesta) wasn’t even a full Vampyre; he was a half-breed between a werewolf and a Vampyre, and had once been my friend. It was a werewolf’s natural instinct to hate even half Vampyres, though, despite the fact that only the rabid ones are dangerous. Not many of them are rabid.

I studied the photo again, and glanced at the picture I had drawn, trying to see if I had missed any important details. With a quick flick of my pencil, I added an extra curve to Luna’s smiling eyes, which were a deep blue in the photo. They were wide and twinkling with laughter as she stood next to Ruby-May, both of them joking around for the camera. Despite the fact Luna had had boys trailing after her ever since she’d turned fourteen, her beauty was outdone by Ruby-May. Werewolves had natural good looks, perfect features and tanned skin; added with the fact that Ruby-May had waist-length waves of golden hair, big blue eyes and perfect white teeth, she was the picture of perfection. Too bad she already had a mate- my younger cousin, Derek.