A Date?!?!

Was this even real? Did that really happen?

"METTATON!"

"Huh?! Wha-" I looked down to see the short blonde looking up at me and raising an eyebrow.

"Mettaton you've been staring into space for like 5 minutes" Alphys said giggling. Alphys, Undyne, and I were all hanging out at Undyne's house per usual.

"Oh sorry, dear. I just still can't believe that happened earlier."

"Dude, he invited you to join a group of friends, it's not like you two are going on a date!" Undyne jokingly teased. I sighed.

"I suppose so." I stared at the ground, kicking my feet.

"You know what we should all do?" Alphys glanced at Undyne and giggled.

"Fine..." Undyne groaned.

"It's...MAKEOVER TIME!" They both announced. Undyne clearly being the less enthusiastic of the two.

"Dude, calm down. It's not like we're going somewhere formal!" I nudged Undyne teasingly. She gave me a stubborn glance, before we both started cracking up. I fixed Undyne's eyeshadow on her uncovered eye, and gave her some eyeliner. I helped Alphys do some light makeup. The three of us always worked as a team. I did makeup, Undyne did hair, and Alphys helped with outfits. She was quite stylish, though she didn't show it much. However we didn't change so Alphys more enjoyed a free make over. Undyne styled Alphys' hair into a neater bun as I applied some lip gloss to the her lips. My hair just needed to be brushed and sprayed again.

We looked absolutely fabulous, yet casual at the same time. Though Undyne and I both had black tank tops on, we didn't worry about clashing. Her's was plain while mine was hidden under a plain white crop top. Undyne had dark blue jeans, and black sneakers. I had on black short-shorts and my signature pink boots. Alphys had on jeans and a "Mew Mew Kissy Cutie" tee shirt accompanied by black flats. The drive to Papyrus' house was short. We pulled into the driveway and I started getting nervous. I turned around to face Alphys, who was sitting in the back. "Alphys, what if I mess up? What if I do something embarrassing?" My breathing started to speed up. "What if he doesn't like me?"

"Mettaton, you'll be fine." Alphys giggled. "Calm down."

"Plus, Pap and I are like this" Undyne crossed her fingers. "If you mess up, somehow, I'll be able to lighten the blow." I smiled.

"Thanks darlings." We got out of the car and approached the door. Undyne knocked, to which the door opened almost immediately.

"Hey, Undyne. Sup Alphys." Sans looked past the two then back at Undyne. "What's he doing here?" Rude. I scoffed at Sans, he was a senior at our Highschool, so I didn't know him well. All I knew was that he wasn't exactly my biggest fan.

"Your brother invited him." Undyne said confidently. Sans gestured us in. I could feel his eyes glaring into my soul. I didn't see where I was going and I bumped into someone.

"Oh my gosh, I-I'm so sorry, darling!" I looked up. "Toriel! I haven't seen you in forever!" The tall, light haired women smiled. We hugged.

"It is so nice to see you dear! How are you?" Toriel and I were friends back when I was a freshman, but she graduated after, that was almost a year ago.

"Oh good, good. And yourself?" We walked into the kitchen where we sat down and started talking. Soon, I saw Papyrus peek out of the kitchen.

"Mettaton! You came!" He looked so happy. Aww, he is so adorable when he smiles. He had an apron that read "kiss the cook!" and a generic chef hat on his brown hair. I walked over to the table with 2 serving trays of spaghetti. I dig in. Hmm...this is an interesting taste. There is a bit of a silence, but Undyne breaks that.

"This is really good, Pap! You're getting better at this cooking thing."

"Nyeh heh heh! It appears I, the Great Papyrus, have wowed you with my wonderful skills in the kitchen!" He announced triumphantly. He's so confident. And charismatic, and bold. It's kind of hot.

Soon we all finish up, I offered to clean up but Tori said that she had it all under control.

"Oh, Mettaton, I wanted to give you s-something!" He reaches in his pocket and pulls out a slip of paper. He hands it over to me, he looks nervous. I go to read it, but before I can get it open Toriel comes back in from the kitchen.

"Who wants pie?"

~~~~~time skip~~~~

The hours seemed to pass, so we head on our way. "Hey, Undyne?"

"Yeah?"

"Um, my house is pretty far from here. Can I just stay at your place?"

"Sure! Just let me drop off Alphys, first." We pull into a small development, and drop Alphys off at her home. Then, we drive to Undyne's house, which isn't very far. Soon, we slowly walk in. We didn't really need to, but it was fun anyway. Undyne opens up a pull out couch as I go to the bathroom to wash all this makeup off my faces. I looked at my reflection and stared. My face. My very own, natural, face. Not many people see this face. It wasn't perfect, it was usually covered up by primer, concealer, foundation, bronzer, etc. This face had freckles, not cute ones like Papyrus had, and it was paler than most people thought. I shook off the thoughts and brushed through my hair, breaking the stiffness the hairspray had caused. I sleepily came back to the couch/bed in Undyne's living room.

"Fit for a king! Or, you at least." I rolled my eyes playfully. She headed to her bedroom. "Night, Metta!"

"Goodnight, Undyne! I reached over and grabbed the note Papyrus gave me. I used my phone for light. It just had the word "yes." Yes? Yes to what? Then I remembered the note I gave him. Yes, he would go out with me? I felt my heart race. I tried to clear my head and calm down. I'll think about this in the morning. My eyelids fell as I drifted fast asleep thinking about...him.

(Awww! I have so much fun writing these. Hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to leave some helpful suggestions in the comments. Bye~

-Hayley)