21

UGHHHHHHHHHH. 
My life is in the pits. I need more hobbies..... or money..... money is a hobby right?

##################

"Jody, I'm hungry" 

He turned and gave me a look, then turned back to his television show. 

"Jody, please. I need food" I begged once more, and he sighed, turning to face me. "Shut up. There's no food in this place. I don't know how you survived" he snapped, turning back to the tv. 

My stomach growled at me and I heard Jody chuckle under his breath. "It's past the main room, and into the only blue door. Just some soup or something" I begged again, and he switched the show off, sitting cross legged in his chair. 

"I'm not going out there. Jess will see me, and then I'll have to do actual work. I'm fine being your man-nurse till she needs you" he smiled a crooked smile and I rolled my eyes. "So you'll just let me starve" I asked, and he smirked at me, brown eyes sparking with cheekiness. "If it means no work, then yes" he said back, opening up the drawers next to me and nosing around. 

"Please, Jody" I said one last time and he sighed. 

"Why? I hate her, she's scary" he frowned back. 
"Please" I said again and he finally stood up, walking to the door and slamming it behind him. 

################

Something was off when Jody got out of the room. 

The other guards stood still, and he could tell they were on edge because he'd felt like that too. Something was off with Jessica. 

Quietly, Jody walked in the shadows of the room, dodging next to objects as he walked. He made sure not to walk too fast or too slow as he made his way forward. Nobody paid him attention, and Jess hadn't called, so he knew his was safe for a while. 

He entered the door to the main room, blue and gold bombarding his eyes, and he turned to the wall, walking even slower. He scanned the room quickly, not paying attention to the three men, bleeding and tied to their chairs by thick metal bands. Yes! He'd found it, the only blue door. The guards around him stood as still as statues or walked as slow as a bloated snail. Yep, Jess was probably mad at someone. Quickly, he skipped across the room, long legs hopping gently in long strides. 

"Hey, Bambi!" 

Shoot. He recognized that voice. Allan. He had a calm name, but everything about him was rude and buff. He was the largest of all the guards, and the oldest with a clean shaven head and light brown stubble. 

"You want Jess to find ya? Stop lookin so stupid. Ya stick out like a sore thumb" he said gruffly. Jody had to hold in a laugh at the way he spoke. He wasn't the brightest candle in the box, and he thought it was so smart of him to pronounce the 'b' in thumb. "Sorry" Jody said in a low whisper, before hoping across as quietly as humanly possible. 

The air seemed a bit warmer here, and people looked a lot more calm. 

But the kitchen was a different story. 

Jody checked the coast quickly, before opening up the door. It creaked slightly as the white painted metal moved, and he slipped inside, long thin body moving carefully and silently. Slowly, he closed the door behind him, making sure it didn't creak again. 

"Jody. You've been very silent lately" 

Jody jumped. "Dammit! I mean, Hi Jess" 

Jess grinned at him, enjoying this new confrontation. Her long blue dress clung to her skin with a high thigh cut, and she stood out in the plain white kitchen. Jody gave her dress a glance over, and tried his best to hide his scowl. Jess noticed the look. "I just thought I'd celebrate my roots" Jess said,pointing at her dress as well as her freshly straightened hair.  Jody nodded. Her eyes were a bit red and puffy, and if it wasn't for layers of concealer her face might have been puffy too.