13

Dedicated to @Wynter_Antoinette because you are simply bae. 

 Voted on every single chapter, and have just been there to support me. 

CHECK OUT HER BOOK BECAUSE IT'S SO COOL, AND IF I'M HONEST, IT'S BETTER THAN MINE. (but we'll pretend for now that you didn't hear the last part) wink xxxxx 

Hey carrot sticks, I want to know if any of you have any questions about anything for my next book. Literally anything. It can be how to write something, personal questions, or just something silly. Thanks so much for getting us to 1720 reads! We're getting there, nearly at 2k, and thanks for all these 153 votes man! Holy beef burger!!!!

#####

All I did that night was cry.

I went back to the old Emily. The Emily that first arrived on this ship. I couldn't help feeling like I'd started it all. The only thing different now, was that I didn't want to go home. The moment I got there, I'd be holding a gun, and I'd have to do it. Shoot him.

I'd told myself that I was doing this to keep Lucas alive. But I wasn't sure if keeping Lucas was really worth my father's death. Would he do the same for me?

I rocked back and forth on the floor. The fluffy sheets of a brand new bed awaited me, but I preferred the floor. That's when I heard the news. The signal that Jessica's plan was in motion.

A knock sounded on the door I leaned against, and I felt the vibrations against my back. I rolled my eyes and sat there and the knock came again. I shuffled to the wall and heard a loud sigh outside. Under the door slipped a note, a red envelope with nothing written. Slowly I ripped off the seal and opened it, greeted by familiar cursive letters.

Dear passengers

The Captain of Ship Valerie, has unfortunately passed away. Suspected death cause is suicide witnesses by his late wife.

Jessica will temporarily be in charge of the ship until further notice. Please attend the first Ship Management Meeting tonight at 5.

Kindly,
SMC

TEMPORARILY. The witch would get what she deserved. She couldn't exactly kill everyone in her path until the ship was hers.
Actually, she could.
And she probably would, but I didn't care, for now, she'd be furious. And that meant, for now, I had time to get off the ship, or at least find a way to warn The Order. I couldn't let her kill any more people, let alone, my family.