Library Blackmail

Kira's P.O.V.

"Kira..??" Shane's voice, sounding suspicious, penetrated through the solid walls.

"If you wanna live, you need to jump out the window, like NOW." I removed the comforter while pushing my numb self off the bed and walked over to hold the door closed.

"Can I just hide in your closet?" Caleb was restless and roaming around the room like a headless chicken.

"Jump, NOW." I ordered him. I was actually grateful for Shane's sudden interruption because I wanted Caleb to leave so that I wouldn't have to review my past life with him.

Caleb opened the window and paused as he turned with a solemn look on his face.

"I'll see you tomorrow." His eyes spoke a language that I could not understand however it inflicted sorrow and sadness.

"Run..." With a smirk on my face, I gently twisted the knob on the door to get out as quickly as possible and closed the door behind me.

"Did you call me?" I met Shane halfway down the corridor preventing him to go to my room.

"I heard someone talking, just wanted to check if everything's okay." He frowned while glaring at the closed door of my room.

"I was watching the last episode of Teen Wolf, 'cause the new one is out today so... You wanna go watch it with me?" I hated lying to my brother, however, I did watch the last episode before Caleb decided to intrude.

"You know no one is allowed to know that I enjoy watching those... shows." He started following me downstairs and that ended all his suspicions about any intruders.

----

Waking up next morning was like mission impossible; I didn't get enough sleep last night considering the fact that Caleb had dropped a nuclear bomb on me, again. I couldn't grasp the fact that he was there in NY, also I couldn't understand the fact that he was talking to me, knowing what I was like in NY.

No matter how hard I tried I couldn't recognize him, I would remember him if he was a jock or something at least but I just could not picture him in my head. Everything about NY was blurry, almost like a dream wrapped in a nightmare. After reaching the school premises I decided to spend my free periods and lunch with Saira.

We had a lot of catching up to do since she was in Utah for the last week visiting her niece. Although she was a cheerleader, she still avoided the drama and the mean girls club, which made me respect her more considering the fact she had every right to be bitter and envious about life.

"How was the trip?" I inquired while walking into the school building.

"It was nice to see her you know, she's growing up pretty fast." She pursed her lips together while nodding her head towards me.

"I can't believe it's been 7 months already, seems like it was yesterday you were... you know." I didn't want to say anything out loud due to the fact no one knows the truth.

"I know but it would be nice if Shane visited her sometimes." Her words trembled while trying to pronounce his name.

"You really hate him don't you?" I frowned.

"I don't hate him, I just ... sometimes it would be nice to have a support." I could tell she was trying her hardest to hold back the tears that stung her silver eyes.

"You know that he will never accept her, he never planned to have her." By now tiny beads of tears rolled down her smooth pink cheeks.

"I know it was my decision to have the baby but it's his too..." She trailed off, trying to contain a sob. "She looks kinda like you, you know. She has your eye shape and my eyes." She gave me small smile that broke my heart.