Games and boys

Kira's P.O.V.

"Is it just me or the other team is hotter?" Saira asked rhetorically fanning herself with her hand.

"You have a boyfriend." I reminded her. "Who knew that Brody Jackson would end up being the faithful one?" I scoffed bitterly.

"He's not perfect but we're both trying... so it's okay but don't beat yourself up for it. You deserve better."

That line. You deserve better.

I've heard it more than enough to know, not to believe in it because I didn't know anyone better than Caleb for me.

"You know I've never seen him with that girl... ever." Maya commented looking around the crowd for someone.

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion.

"I mean if they were together then why isn't he with her all the time like he was with you."

"We weren't ever together." I reminded her ignoring the pang of hurt that washed across my heart.

"But-" Her voice was over shadowed by the roars of the crowds as they cheered on their teams when they swiftly jogged on to the field.

I honestly don't remember the game however I do remember Caleb's two touch downs and each of the time he looked straight at me, only to have me look away right before hoping he didn't know I was shamelessly staring at him throughout the game. 

Shane scored at least seven touch downs as scouts were in the crowd recruiting for colleges. He has also been acting suspicious lately. He seems like he can't meet my eyes, like he's hiding something or ashamed of something. 

He talks to me a lot less but I don't blame him because I do lock myself in my room after I get home with headphones plugged in at loudest volume and a sketch pad on my lap.

We made our way down to the field to congratulate the boys for winning when the quarterback of the opposition team stepped in my way.

"If you were cheering us on, I bet we would have won." He smirked holding his helmet in his hand while everyone around us were chanting and cheering our team on while their team made their way off the pitch in a hurry.

"Yeah I didn't cheer anyone on." I told him curtly getting annoyed by the flirting.

"I noticed." He smiled. His light blond spikes stood in every direction and his baby blue eyes shone in the bright sunlight. He was everything that Caleb wasn't. I shook my head to get his memories off my mind. "Anyways are you coming to the after party?"

"Erm... I highly doubt that." I tried to shove past him when he softly grabbed a hold of my arm and stopped me from escaping.

"Please..." He insisted but I just couldn't look him in the eye, him even touching me made me feel like I was cheating on Caleb for some reason. Repulsed by his touch and myself, I yanked my arm free from his and carried on walking towards the direction of my friends.

That's when I noticed the red blood shot eyes staring at me with so much intensity it made me feel like I was about to burst. Caleb's shoulders were slumped and his posture looked defeated but I couldn't let that phase me. 

He broke me after fixing me and I couldn't let him win. Quickly snatching my eyes away from him I plastered a fake smile on my face and walked towards Devon and Shane to congratulate them.

"DUDE, nice touch downs." I hugged Shane while he picked me up off the ground and spun me around a couple of times.

"I FEEL LIKE A KING."