No kinky shit

"Fine just no kinky shit." Shane ordered.

"How do you think it'll be possible to do any kinky shit in this state?" Caleb retorted back making Shane nearly lunge at his throat.

"Okay, okay..." I held my hands up to my sides, stretching my palms out. "Just take Lacey home. Leila will be home soon... Hopefully, and I'll call Mom don't worry." I turned towards Shane explaining the plan to him.

"Okay but... you." Shane raised his finger slightly above me shoulders, towards Caleb who was standing couple of steps behind me. "Keep your hands of my sister." He warned.

"Don't worry I'll do the honours myself." Brody stepped towards Shane nodding his head towards Lacey letting him know that she was still here and there was no need for her to witness his other side. "Caleb let me see if you need stitches or not." With that Caleb followed his brother out of the kitchen but not before sending me a half smile over his shoulder. As he walked away I watch his back muscles shiver making the wounds jerk slightly.

"Just cause he did ... what he did that night doesn't mean I approve you two snooping around." Shane folded his arms over his chest trying to act like the over protective brother which earned him eye roll from me. "Don't roll your eyes at me young lady." He frowned making Lacey chuckle.

"Look, he was acting weird yesterday so I had to check up on him." I explained leaning side ways against the counter.

"He's a good guy, trust me, I've seen him always staring at her when she's not looking." Lacey walked forward placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"That's not helping." His face remained stern. "Can you give us a moment alone please?" He asked – more like demanded- to leave us alone and with out any hesitation she obeyed him making her way out of the kitchen in an instant.

After a couple of deafening minutes went by of him throwing disappointed daggers at me with his eyes he visibly relaxed after sighing in defeat.

"Do you like him?" His question threw me off guard due to the fact I didn't know myself if I did or not.

"I honestly would say I care about him but..."

"You're scared of what happened with him." His question threw me off guard making me light headed for a second as all the memories came rushing back.

"I...I..."

"It's okay to move on you know... I understand that you're mad at him still but you have to let it go..." He tried to reason with me but in my eyes it seemed like he was taking his side.

"Let it go...? HE put me in COMA and because of HIM Tanya and 2 of his friends are DEAD... I could have died because of him and then when I wake up I find out that-" Hysteria was building up within me making it hard for me to breathe and Shane's football jacket pressed against my nose wasn't helping the cause.

"Everything is fine now K, just breathe." He cooed in my ear, stroking my back soothingly waiting for me to calm down.

"She died in my arms Shane... she was my best friend... and..." I wrapped my arms around his torso as the tears from before accumulated. "...he took her away from me..." The image of her broken body on life support - sprawled across the white hospital bed- flashed before my eyes making my heart clench in agony.

"She's-" Before he could finish his sentence we heard Brody call out for Shane from the living room.

Taking deep breaths I tried to calm myself down because I knew after Lacey was gone, Shane and Brody's violent side will emerge trying to gather their own circle of "friends" to seek vengeance. The boys –including Nathen and Devon- have their own little history that is invisible to the naked eye. 

Unless you've witnessed their actions you wouldn't have believed what they were capable of doing if you were told about it. I doubt Caleb himself had any idea of what his own brother was capable of.

"Go... I know you guys have a lot of work to do just... don't let her know." I Pulled away from him reaching out for some tissues to clean up the streak lines off my face. 

I didn't bother stopping them this time because last time wasn't much of an accomplishment although that was for a different reason but same cause... revenge. 

I've tried talking them out of their secret lives before they get too deeply involved to get out of it but once they set their minds on something, there's no turning back. I couldn't complain much because I was exactly the same but minus the violence. 

I heard Shane mumble some word out before leaving the kitchen however my brain didn't process his speech. The only person that could calm me down right now was Caleb and realising that Brody was downstairs, Caleb must be out too.

Shoving all my thoughts away to the back of my mind I stumbled out of the kitchen to come face to face to Caleb's curious face. The face that told me he heard at least some of our conversation but I was too distorted to care. 

I sighed loudly in defeat while staring into his dark orbs. I didn't know what to say other than burst out into tears in his embrace and let out the entire ache that I'd been holding on to for the past year. 

The pain and the sorrow was overshadowed by anger and despair however all of that was erased after seeing this beautiful man -who saved my life- in that defeated position before. 

I couldn't help but feel disappointed when I saw his defined body was covered with a loose shirt. It's funny how his presence is enough to distract me from anything.

"You-"

"I'm going to the order some Pizza for all of us then Shane's taking Lacey home and I wanna go to the hospital to see why mom didn't come home today." Brody appeared from nowhere in the dimmed stretched hall way.

"Tomorrow we have a lot of work to do." He gave me a look that explained exactly what the word 'work' meant in their terms while Caleb became dumbfound. After he strode up the stairs Caleb's bewildered gaze met mine.

"What's he talking about?" He questioned making me sigh.

"Let's just say... you're not the only one with a secret." I replied, making my way towards the front door where I hear Shane and Lacey shuffling before he could ask me anything else because he will soon find out himself.

"K, where's your phone?" Shane asked when I reached the front door to bid them goodbyes.

"In my bag..." I answered looking around the hall way for my bag.

"And where IS your bag?" He questioned further.

"I honestly don't know..." I smiled guiltily up at his frowning face.

"Next time... you do something like that... at least let me know you're alive." He sighed.

"I'm fine... but be careful... It's supposed to snow tonight." I reminded him.

After a long goodbye conversation we received our pizza and I wasn't surprised by the amount of food those two boys could inhale. 

Not long after, Brody left for the hospital leaving me and Caleb, alone, in a very awkward situation. I was sat crossed legged on the black satin sofa across from Caleb who was on the grey love seat. 

The interior design around the room wasn't as glamorous as our house but it was understandable considering how Aunty P was the only interior designer in this town allowing her to earn more due to the fact every one hired to her. 

I vaguely remember Brody talking about his father coming back for good to work at the town hospital and they were going to buy a bigger house soon because Leila wanted her family back together again.

"You know I'm here for you right?" Caleb's gravel voice startled me bringing me back to reality.

I debated for a couple of seconds wondering if it was too early for us or not, but considering how much he knows already, he has the right to know about Aden.