Epilogue

Kira's P.O.V

Memories.

Memories are images from the past that are engraved in our hearts. Memories, of events that we shared together throughout our life time with friends and family or even with a stranger.

 Some are sweet and some are toxic yet, for me, they will never be able to fade the memory of that night; I still remember the day that Caleb gave me that A3 rectangle box for my birthday.

 That was 13 years ago and yet I still never get bored of going through that A3 leather sketch book that remained the box.

They were all drawings of me from different angles, in different Medias and different tones. 

Some of them were collages cut out of black and white newspapers with a ink wash of my profile features on it and some of them were extremely detailed sketches. 

But most of them –which he loved to do-, were painting. Each significant brush stokes expressed the emotions he hid form all of us. 

The fluid curve of my curls and the golden emotionless eyes, he captured all me in his memory. At the end of the sketch book there rested a short letter to explain his gift of choice to me.

Dear Kira,

I know times are rough between us now but I pray to god that they won't be after you come back. But if they still are and you decide to never forgive me, I'll understand. I hope you will keep this with you, (if you want) but I hope you do. 

I don't want this to remind you of the bad memories we shared together. I want this to remind you all the good times we spent together. Our little hide outs on the beach, our little secrets we hid from everyone. 

I might not be able to hold you or kiss you like I use to but I want you to keep this with you. Think of it like it's my heart that's now with you and forever will be.

I'm not a poet or an expressive writer and this probably didn't make any sense but I hope you understand what I meant to say.

I'll always love you with all I am.

Your Caleb.

It was true, that letter probably didn't make any sense to anyone but it made sense to me. I understood his unspoken words and it was easy for me to read between the lines when it came to him. I loved him with all my heart and I still do.

"MOMMY... daddy is crying." A little golden haired boy burst through my bed room door holding onto his bat man action figure with his dear life.

"He's crying?" I asked chuckling at his father idiocy. Putting the sketch pad back on the shelf I followed the little fellow out of the room towards where crying noises were coming from. 

His Spiderman pyjamas looked too big on his little frame as he kept pulling it up, after, almost every step he took as he guided me towards his baby sister's room. "LOOKIE." He pointed at his struggling father and ran downstairs to his older brother, Onix.

"Pease Kira help me. I'm begging you." He cried as he cradled the little girl near to his chest to make her stop crying.

"Hey, I was fine with my 2 boys until you begged me have another one because you wanted a girl and now you have her. You promised to do ALL the work." I teased him as I walked forward as slow as possible.

"Ha-ha. Please, she won't sleep or anything HELP ME MOMMY." He stomped his feet like his oldest son.

"FINE, give me her."