My sister's keeper

The ground below my feet started to shift at his confession, my breath hitched and my brain became numb for a long couple of seconds. A tornado of thoughts was swirling through my skull making me immensely dizzy. 

Why did I have to meet him? Why did they abundant me? God, why me? I could feel a rebellious tear prick my left eye but I was stubborn enough to prevent it from escaping. 

I couldn't show this tyrant of a man my weakness, I needed to show him I was grateful because he abundant me and if he didn't I wouldn't have become who I am today.

 Although I went through a traumatic childhood, I was still glad that I didn't have to call him my father because a father would never leave his child. Just when I realised he could have been lying, I felt a Caleb's grip tighten around my small hand.

"KIRA... KIRA..." Shane's restless voiced pierced through the silent air as the clouds near the horizon roared in agony. I was grateful that the weather mirrored my internal emotions, it made me feel like I wasn't the only who felt grey and dull.

My feet were glued to the ground as I stared in those golden brown eyes intensely, trying to figure out what exactly was his reason for find me after all these years.

 I've been tossed and shoved around all my life and when I finally settle down with my real family, he swoops in from no where and expects me to welcome him with open arms. Before I could comprehend my surroundings, I felt a gush of air whirl past me and attack the man who claimed to be my father.

"Don't you dare talk to my sister you fucking prick." Shane punched the well suited man right in the jaw making him stumble back couple of steps away from me. 

Caleb released my hand only to wrap his arms around my waist protectively as he tried to pull me away from the scene. I tried calling out for Shane but to my dismay no sound escaped from my mouth.

"How can you hit your father, son? Didn't your mother teach you any better?" The man snickered making my blood rush to my ears at his words. If he's my father then...

"What the FUCK is going on?" I screamed jerking off Caleb's arms that were snaked around my waist. "I swear..." My whole body was shaking with fury and the tornado in my brain jumbled up my speech. I gritted my teeth while running a hand through my hair in frustration.

"Look K just ..." Shane turned with an apologetic look on his face. "Let's just go from here and I'll explain sis just ... please." His hands reached forward towards my upper arm but I quickly stepped back. 

Bumping into Caleb's chest as his arms immediately swirled around my waist like it was a computerised reflex for him to protect me. Right then I realised that we were still in the school's car park. 

There weren't a single soul around indicating that lessons have already started and somehow I've managed to not hear the bell. 

I mentally scolded myself for not caring enough to get to my lesson on time because if I did I wouldn't have had to suffer through this right now.

"Let's go." Caleb ordered and my whole body subconsciously followed his command. When I turned my body around to face Caleb I realised Lacey had been standing couple of steps behind us with a confused look on her face. 

Her eyes were swollen from the previous event, one of her hand was draped across her torso while the other was curled in a soft fist that was tightly pressed against her mouth. I nodded towards her before getting dragged by Caleb towards his car and being lightly shoved in to the passenger seat. 

I faintly heard Shane call my name but I just couldn't comprehend what was going on, my body instantly shut down when my small frame moulded itself against the cold leather seat. Before I lost my vision to darkness I felt someone's hand intertwine with my hand that rested lamely on my lap.