Don't drink mouthwash

Kira's P.O.V

"Do you have 11 protons?... Cause you're sodium fine..." Devon soundlessly burst out into a laughter bobbling his head back and forth while banging the table with his fist. In my eyes, he looked like he was having a fit to be honest.

Two amazing weeks been passed after I found out about my family trail and frankly, life's been surprisingly calm and stable for me, however school works for Devon, Caleb and I, rapidly increased after we missed those important lessons two weeks ago. All because of the whole family fiasco. But, I wasn't complaining at all until I was told to attend extra Chemistry and Maths classes after school and during lunch time. 

On top of that I was personally getting tutored by a very unhygienic senior. Instead of teaching me chemistry he would stutter and fumble with his books and his over grown rusty hairs which definitely pissed me off because I ended up with books with dandruff in it. 

So instead of torturing myself for an hour everyday I forced Aunty P to talk to the head teacher so I could change tutors but luckily, I ended up on the waiting list instead of immediately being transferred to another student for extra lesson.

To my dismay, I was stuck with Devon for both of the lessons however I was more than happy when we came back because I did miss his unusual comical remarks and how he would effortlessly make me laugh with only his skilful expressions.

Caleb on the other hand was forced to attend only extra physics classes because apparently he caught up with all his work he missed during the time he was ditching school with me. As much as I hate to admit it. 

I was dangerously getting attached to that boy and no matter how much I tried to drag myself away from him; I ended up needing him the more. There was something about him that hypnotised me, at times, when he smiled and joked around with us, he looked like an open book that anyone could read. 

A guy who's genuinely soft centred with a calm and collective exterior but sometimes when I would catch him on his own walking or pretending to be engaged in a conversation. 

He'd emit an unknown vibe that screamed danger and sometimes it would feel like I didn't know him at all; it pained me to think that I didn't know him because I definitely wanted to know him better than anyone else. 

I knew from the very beginning he was definitely hiding something from everyone but I never forced myself on to him because I knew how much I'd hate it if someone did that to me, so I'd rather not do the same thing to somebody else.

Despite his mystery aura, we've become extremely close; we held each other's hand whenever we were alone and sometimes steal a little peck on the cheek here and there but nothing too serious. 

It was almost like we had a silent understanding between us about keeping whatever-ship we had going on under the radar. I definitely loved the whole, him sneaking into my bedroom at night and climbing out in the morning just to knock on our front door "pretending" to be early. 

However we didn't get to share a lot of alone time together considering the fact we were always surrounded by our friends and I had extra school work to do when I got home. 

He basically made it his daily routine to sneak into my bedroom. I also have some of his sleeping and normal clothes just in case of an emergency.

I specially loved the sly winks he would throw my ways across the room when no one else were paying attention or sometimes in lesson I would turn to sneak a glance of him but ended up realising he was shamelessly gawking at me. 

That simple gesture brought back dormant feelings in my heart, his breathtaking smile made my heart do non stop cartwheels and sent all sorts tingly feelings all around my body.