Blood, pain and kisses

"Yeah..." He replied as he tried to move forward but failed as he slumped back down again, groaning loud in pain. Soon I realised the blood must have dried and stuck to the pillow.

"Wait." I suggested getting on my knees and shuffling towards the head board. "Your blood dried on it" I confirmed when I saw the blue pillow cover slightly stretched away clinging to his scarlet skin.

"Yank it off." He suggested.

"Shut up." I frowned making him chuckle.

"It's not as bad as getting tortured by six big guys for hours and then end up getting your hair nearly shaved off." His sarcastic remark might have amused him but my heart did a 180 at the thought of him getting punched and stabbed repeatedly.

"It's not funny" My voice was flat yet my heart was quavering vigorously.

"Just pull it off I'll be fine." He sighed.

"Okay can you try sit on the edge of the bed then?" I suggested. "Or are your legs hurt too?" I couldn't tell considering the fact he had his dark grey combats on.

"No, they're okay." He replied moving his body sideways; he placed both his fists on the bed, trying to push himself off while twisting his legs so they were speared horizontally across it. I held the back of the pillow that was still attached to his back, scared at what might happen if it rips itself off from his body. 

The smell of metallic blood flooded through my nostrils making my inside squeal; not because I felt sick of the blood but because it was his blood and he was in pain which I couldn't handle.

 I allowed couple of beads of water to glide down my cheeks again while I placed myself behind him on the bed while he was sat on the edge of the bed, dangling his legs down.

"Pass me the towel please." My voice sounded broken and distorted making Caleb tense up instantly before handing me the damp towel coated with blood.

"Please angel, I don't want to be cause of your tears." He tightly gripped on to the bed sheets while I gently placed the damp towel on the tensed muscles of his shoulders as I tried to peel the material off inch by inch trying not to hurt him. 

I didn't have the courage to reply to him so instead I repeated my actions as before where I'd kiss every single of his wounds after removing the blood of his skin. 

The gashes on his back were much denser than the ones on his front and it broke my heart to see those wounds starting to scar on his beautiful skin.

"Caleb what happened?" I tried to sound strong but I knew I miserably failed.

"I don't .... Fuck" His body tensed up. "I... Please don't think of me any different." He repeated almost begging this time.

"I won't... I promise." I vowed.

"Well, you remember back in Manhattan how quiet I was..." He hissed before continuing. "Well I guess I was tired of being unnoticed and I somehow managed to get myself involved with the wrong crowd..." He shivered slightly as my lips contacted his delicate skin.

 "Well... they did transform me but they also wanted things in return... so I had to become a part of their gang... they had this code where they'd keep their hair short and every member will be stamped with the same tattoo which I didn't have to go through yet because I had only been with them for no longer than 3 months..." My eyes widened at his confession.

"Yeah?..." I encouraged him to carry on.

"Well... we got caught by the police during grand theft auto and because my dad was a well respected man they stated that I was forced to be there and they let me go while the others got a decent amount of years in prison because of their past records..." He groaned when I pulled the whole material off his back, slowly patting the dried blood away. 

"Then I was sent here to stay with my mom so I would be "fixed" up like I was broken or something..." Self pity coated his thick voice. "But I guess the other members didn't appreciate my betrayal and they found me... and I just never expected this to happen... or don't know what to expect next."

By then I'd finished cleaning everything apart from his face which I was petrified to look at knowing how weak it made me. After desperately placing couple of kisses on his back I shuffled off the bed towards the bathroom to dispose the scarlet stained towel before going back to him.

"I'm sorry I lied to you... I just didn't know they'd catch up to me because it wasn't really like a mafia or anything, just street kids acting up or trynna make a living you know..." His words were sincere.

"You actually didn't lie... you just didn't tell me..." I half smiled.

Slowly walking towards him I situated myself beside him on the bed and took his hand in mine and put it on my lap before reaching in to the first aid box for a roll bandage. 

Pushing my hair out of my face I ripped of a piece of tape with my teeth and placed the end on the edge of his side table, ready for me to use later when I'd wrapped his fingers up.

"You really didn't have to do this for me." He stated while I carefully lifted his ring and pinky finger up placing the edge of the bandage under it and began wrapping.  

I ignored the hissing sound that escaped his mouth because every time I thought I hurt him, it felt like I was hurting myself. After I'd carefully taped it in to place I brought his hand up to lips to place a lingering kiss on his bandage.

"Kira look at me." He requested moving his hand towards my chin before lifting it up to meet his gaze. The bruises made my heart clench seeing how swollen and dark they were. 

His eyes were full of guilt and gratefulness and before I knew it, my vision blurred indicating the tears were ready to spill out again. I abruptly stood up trying to walk away from him but he quickly grabbed my wrist tugging and spinning me around towards him in the process to face him.

As he was sitting at the edge of the bed, I ended up smack in the middle of his parted lags while his face only peered slightly above my shoulders indicating how giant he was even when he was sitting down. 

My fingers unconsciously placed themselves right underneath his ears while my palms rested on his stubble jaw line. 

I hesitantly scanned his scarred face and leaned in planting a feathered kiss on his swollen left cheek bone before grazing my lips down to his law line and leaving a kiss on the darker patch of his skin. 

He immediately leaned up for me allowing me to have a better access of his face as I continued kissing every inch of his skin. I placed my last kiss on top of his straight nose and slightly pulled away after not knowing exactly what to do next. 

His eyes fluttered open revealing his dark orbs as his gaze adverted towards my quivering lips. Studying his broken and defeated gaze for a while my heart caved in as I gently lowered my lips on his.

It was the slowest, passionate and most indescribable kiss that I ever received in my life. His soft lips slowly captured my lower lip as he gently brushed his them away making me yearn for more. 

My stomach couldn't contain the fluttering feeling that was scratching against the inside of my skin, my heart felt lighter instantly and the anchor's weight I used to feel before vanished at his touch. 

Pulling away I stared at those longing dark eyes that spoke volumes of trust and reliability with a hint of disappointment.

"I don't wanna hurt you." I gestured towards his wounds that were splattered across his chest.