A Dollar for a Jock

So he wants to adopt you back...how?" He asked in an annoyed yet amused voice knowing there was no way Shane and Aunty P was giving me up that easily.

"I have no idea." I replied with an emotionless tone.

"How and why did your dad end up at the Halloween Party?" Caleb asked while he played with my long wavy hair as I rested my head on his chest with one arm draped across his torso.

"Cause he has a death wish." I groaned in annoyance snuggling closer to his body.

"Okay, tell me what happened after you all rushed home." He commanded.

*FLASHBACK*

"You can NOT do that." Aunty P shouted across the open space living room ready to throw anything in arm's length to her, towards the man standing tall near the hall way.

"I can do whatever I want." He smirked keeping his voice poised.

"No you can't, we adopted her." She screamed flailing her arms around in frustration.

"Better yet, where were you when I was getting tossed around from place to place? Why are you here now huh?" I was furious at my so called father for showing up at a family gathering like he was invited.

 Tim knows about everything and he hated this man's guts for doing what he did to this family. I almost saw it as disrespect that he had the nerves to walk into Tim's diner like they were friends.

"Look-" He started which was soon cut off by Shane's roaring voice.

"No you look Mr.Zachariah Roderick. We're happy without you, so stay away from us." He demanded.

Zachariah didn't say anything for a minute, he only observed the situation. His eyes kept adverting from Shane's raging figure to Aunty P determined frame and then they finally landed on me. 

"Your mother would very much like to see you." A half smiled stretched across his face making him look like the re-incarnation of Lucifer.

"Well my MOM, can see me right here..." I emphasized the word mom when I gestured towards Aunty P who was standing in the middle of the room by then, opposite Zachariah.

"You should know, Kira, we never meant t-" Due to the fact I couldn't stand his voice and his presence anymore, I decided to interrupt him.

"I don't care if you meant it or not, I'm adopted legally now and you can't do anything about it so please leave us alone." I was surprised by how strained my voice sounded for a second there.

"Very well, however I can't promise you that this will be the last time you ever see me." He nodded after a while.

Shane scoffed from the corner "Not if I scratch my eyes out."

"Goodbye Penelope." He headed towards the door seeing himself out.

*END FLASHBACK*

"So he can't take you?" Caleb asked tightening his arms around me.

"Nope..." I turned on my stomach to face him resting my chin on the back of my wrist that rested on his chest. "I think Tim should marry mom A.S.A.P." I smiled

"Yeah I think they looked nice when they were dancing together." He smiled looking up at the ceiling that was covered in glow in the dark stars.

"Yup, he helped her get to me." I nodded acting immature making him chuckle.

He kept quiet for a while which was soon followed by a loud sigh.

"What's wrong?" I asked not liking how troubled he looked.