Caleb's P.O.V.

Caleb's P.O.V.

Punch

I couldn't stand seeing her talk to someone else let alone someone even touching her.

Punch

I can't believe I let myself get pressured into this. She's going to move on with someone else and live the future with someone else that I dreamed of living with her.

Punch

F*CK. I f*cked up badly.

Kick

I wanted to rip my heart out when I made her cry that day. I wanted to make her hate me with those cruel words but she threw it right back in my face by telling me I deserved to be happy.

Me? A guy like me who made the girl of his dreams cry and brought danger upon her... don't deserve to be happy.

Although every single muscle in my body was aching due to the game, I just couldn't stop getting all my anger and frustration out on this punching bag. 

Ever since I stopped talking to Kira my patient level has decreased incredibly and everyone around me started to really piss me off even with a smile.

That girl was and still is my drug.

I love her with all I am but she just doesn't know it.

I thought keeping her away would be the best way to protect her but I just couldn't do it anymore. I still remember when Victor personally paid me a visit after school that day when I decided to stop talking her and informed me about the girl I've been seen around with.

 I couldn't let any of my old gang hurt to. I would rather die than see her hurt because of me but now the more time I spend away from her the more I feel like jumping in the fire myself as I have nothing too look forward to in life.

Suddenly, the doors of the gym room bursts open, startling me a little bit.

"YOU..." Devon lunges for Shane who was rummaging through his gym bag, minding his own business. "You bastard." Devon landed a hard core punch on Shanes face provoking him to fight.

"DUDE what the hell?" Shane shoved him back as Nathan and Brody ran forward holding Devon back.

"You're a prick you know that?" Devon struggled and tried to break free their deadly grip but failed miserably. I honestly had no remorse for Shane as he was the main reason why I was in this situation with Kira in the first place.

"What the f*ck did I do?" Shane spat the blood out of his mouth with raging eyes.

"Because of YOU, your own SISTER have been crying herself to sleep every night..." My inside physically ached at his confession. "...And I bet you don't even care cause you're too busy sucking your girl out."

"DON'T YOU DARE..." Shane grabbed Devon by his collar and shoved him up against the gym lockers creating an echo of chartering metals. "I did that to protect her... they knew Caleb was a girl and I can't let them hurt her."

"YOU COULD HAVE TOLD HER." Devon pushed Shane off him in full force. "Do you even know if she doesn't sleep at night... or cries or doesn't eat because she thinks she's not good enough for that scumbag..." He spat pointing at me. "...BECAUSE OF YOU."

It honestly felt like someone sucked all my strength out of my body and I just couldn't breathe anymore.

"What did she do to you man? Huh? Honestly, when everyone including you thought your girl slept with me... She stood by you and cleared her name just to make you happy and what do you do? Take her happiness away from her..." He scoffed. "...You're no brother to her. You're just a selfish ass."

With that he stormed out of the gym room swearing incoherent words under his breath. I took a quick glimpse at Shane and followed Devon out of the gym to get more information. My brain was over loaded with this information. I knew she liked me but I didn't know she liked me that much to cry herself to sleep.

Such an idiot Caleb.

I scolded myself mentally trying to catch up with Devon who was storming towards his car.

"Yo, D what the f*ck just happened?" I shouted out making him stop in his tracks.

"Look man, I've just never seen her cry and today I couldn't stop... I don't know... it just f*cked with my brain." He replied trying to calm himself down. "Get in the car... I'll explain..." He ordered walking around to get into the driver's seat.

"So what was that all about?" I asked after a deafening drive to Tim's Diner. My inside churned thinking about the first time Kira brought me here. "Is she okay?" I asked not knowing what to say. The void inside me was unfathomable.

"She's strong but you fucked up." He told me straight leaning back against his seat. We both decided to not order anything due to the strain anxiety we both were experiencing.

"You think I don't know that." I scoffed imitating his posture. "What happened?" I asked after a while.

"She loves you."

At that moment my whole body became numb and my whole inside hurt. I just wanted to dig my hand inside my chest and rip out the thing that was causing this intense pain.

She loves me.

"I knew she liked you a lot, 'cause she's never paid any attention any guys since she came here and then you came..." He gulped looking straight into my eyes. "You changed her, she ... she just became someone else... someone more herself."

That's when I realised he liked her, although I knew it but I was never really sure about it because of how he 'mingles' with other girls.

"You like her?" I nearly choked on my words.

"She's different... but she's yours." He reassured me trying to deflect my question. "But yeah... I mean everyone wanted her when she first came... but Shane would obviously kill us... so I tried to become her friend and that's when I realised she was different... She might act like everything is fine with a perfect family but it's not."

"She always helps others because she can't help herself... I know." I told him getting irritated by how he was bragging about him being close to Kira.

She is mine

Yeah, she could have been but you fucked up.

"Yeah... but she loves you so that's the main thing." He told me with a grim face. "Look dude, I don't want this to drag on so I'm gonna say it straight. 

What Shane did was wrong, he shouldn't have forced you stop talking to her because your old gang found out, she's a smart girl, if you would have told her, she would have understood instead doing that Shane forced us to do."

"I know."

"So... you have to tell her that Shane paid that girl to kiss you in front of her so she'd hate you... You know I was against this from the starts and because he's her brother he knows what's best for but he f*cked up."

"Yeah, I know. I should have gone to her first like I planned instead of go gym... I mean yeah I could have told her the truth once it was all over but still." I shrugged feeling slightly relaxed because at least she knows the truth now.

"Yeah, she said she's going at Maya's but I doubt she's going to the party so I'll take you there now and you two can talk." He suggested getting up from his seat leaving me with no choice.

"Is that why you tried it on with Maya? 'Cause you couldn't have her?" I asked him getting into the passenger seat.

"Yeah... She's cool but you know." He shrugged.

"Yeah... Kira is just special." I sighed.

In all honesty I didn't know if Kira would ever like me as much as I like her but she does. She said she loves me but I know getting her back wasn't going to be easy after what I've done to keep her away. 

I just pray that she'll understand where I'm coming from and forgive me because I was trying to protect her.