First day

Caleb's P.O.V.

The day seemed to have gone pretty quickly and now I was sitting here next to my brother listening to these cheerleaders gossip about other students. 

The table was right in the center of the canteen and by the looks of it, two separate blue round tables were joined together, probably because of the amount of people who were in the group. The seats were mostly filled with juniors and seniors while sophomores and freshmen were standing around.

Although I was already sitting here, my mind was wondering about only one place.

"Where's Kira?" I quickly glanced around to see if I had said that out loud but I soon realized it was Devon who asked.

"Yeah, Shane wasn't in all day today as well. I hope they are okay." A brunette girl replied to Devon.

"I'll call her." With that, he excused himself from the table.

My heart suddenly shrunk with the thought of Devon and Kira being together. I mean who wouldn't fall for her, also considering fact that he's a jock and avoided most girls around him today, made me realize that he was saving himself for someone and it made my heart ache to think it was Kira.

Thump

I felt my ribcage squeeze my heart and the air around me started to get thicker making it impossible for me to breathe.

"She didn't pick up, neither did Shane..." Devon swiftly sat back down and bit into his burger.

"Something must have happened because Shane missed practice today." My brother sounded genuinely worried which was a new side to him that I was oblivious to.

"Who are they?" It felt like my heart was going to smash through my rib cage and land on the table. However, I couldn't let them see how I was really feeling. With a curious expression, I muttered out those words.

"Kira is my ... "That one-second pause he took felt like it ended for eternity.

That's when everyone's head snapped at the direction of the canteen entrance when both blue doors flew open revealing a boy and a girl as they marched into the room like they owned the place. They looked so alike that they could have passed for twins. That's when I realized the girl was Kira.

"Dude really? What time do you call this?" Ryder stood up and walked over to the guy who I presume is Shane and, after greeting Shane with a handshake and pat on the back, he sideways hugged Kira which killed me inside thinking she could be with my brother.

"Ohh, this is Caleb, my younger brother..." that's when Kira's golden eyes met mine and the time collapsed, I felt paralyzed and everyone around me seemed to have vanished.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Shane and this is my little sis Kira." I conjured up the strength to stand up and firmly shake Shane's hand while my eyes remained on Kira.

"Caleb Jackson." My throat was dry like it's was made out of sandpaper.

"Caleb, as in Caleb Hunter Jackson?" He looked at Kira with a confused smirk on his face as he let go of my hand. Kira only half-heartedly smiled at him and hid behind Shane, grabbing onto his arm like a little innocent kid who's scared to meet a stranger for the first time. 

My heart melted when she looked straight at me with those hypnotising eyes while half of her face was hidden behind Shane's arm. She tilted her head to the side so she could get a clear view of Shane and soon I realized they were having telepathic conversation.

"How do you know his middle name?" My brother was more confused than he is usually. Poor soul.

The piercing sound of the bell raced through the canteen like a plague indicating that lunch was over and as students quickly shuffled out of the canteen; I saw Kira and Maya vanish into the crowd.

"Hey man, can I talk to you for a second?" Shane walked forward and everyone avoided his path, including Ryder. "I'll walk you to your class don't worry."

"No, it's absolutely fine, go on." We started following the crowd and I saw that Kira kept peeking back with a dazed look on her face to catch a glimpse of me.

"I know you saved my sister yesterday and I just wanna say if you need anything, ANYTHING at all, just tell me, I will always be in your debt." His sincere words made me realize how much she was wrong about trying to end her life because this guy will do anything in the world for her.

"Hey, hey, it's not a big deal okay, I ... just happened to be there and I just ..." I trailed off not knowing the exact reason why I jumped into the deep ocean to save her.

"No, honestly it's just..." He trailed off

"Don't worry man, my lips are sealed." I smiled as I kept a thorough eye on Kira as we exited the canteen and students immediately dispersed themselves along the three hallways that were located to my left, right and front.

Shane was taking me out of the building to the Art block, Kira was right in front of me and Maya was in front of Shane, who is next to Kira.

"Hey girlfriend, I missed you today, where were you?" Devon appeared from Narnia, wrapping his left arm around her delicate shoulders.

"Hey boyfriend, I-I, me and Shane had to go somewhere." She imitated his action and lazily placed her arm on Devon's back.

Ouch, why does it feel like being shot by a bullet would hurt less?

----

This chapter was edited by DarkRose4581