New feelings

Caleb's P.O.V.

God, she was beautiful.

Every single thought my mind conjured up that night was all related to Kira. Why would she do such a thing? Her house looked nice and cozy, it's not like she didn't have anyone, and she even said her brother would worry. So why? It killed me inside to apprehend the fact someone so beautiful could be so withered inside.

I was starting school the next day, and I knew I had to get some sleep, but I just couldn't. I had to see her again, even if that's the last thing I do. When she said my eyes were beautiful, it immediately melted my heart. I physically felt my heart churning inside my ribcage which forced me to bite my lip in order to prevent me from letting out a delicate moan.

From her rosy brown eyes that held the slightest tint of gold near the middle of her iris, her long dark hair with shades of gold cascaded past her hips, to her body that was petite with big beautiful curves and a hint of athletic structure. Thoughts of her kept cropping up.

Get out of my head.

Twisting and turning on my soft clouded bed I ended up on my right side and to my dismay, the half-hidden moon was motionlessly staring at me through the open window.

The rays of moonlight danced tenderly on my window pane like it did on Kira's full luscious lips when I was sitting right next to her. Her body radiated back the light as it sparkled on her skin and teased her long eyelashes.

----

"Kay, the chicks in Ravens are loose... and if they know you're my brother, they will throw themselves at you." Ryder, my beloved brother was giving the "first day of school" advice.

"I know you're a junior but with your looks, you'll still get seniors easilyyy..." Confidence was dripping down his voice as he stated a fact with a smirk.

"Dude, keep the girls to yourself, I know I'm sexy but I'm not interested in hooking up with anyone." I intensely frowned at him.

"You need to live a little..." Ryder commented sounding extremely disappointed while driving the car with one hand.

"I do, I'm the one who will be bailing you out of jail when we are older, so I know what I'm doing don't worry." I smirked at his idiocy.

"Am I supposed to be offended?" He looked so confused which only made me laugh, especially the fact his face held the expression of a monkey without a banana. Yup the blond bimbos have definitely gone to his head.

All I could do was shake my head at his remark as we pull over to the driveway of Ravens Hill High School. Considering the fact that summer just ended in Alaska, it was still pretty warm outside.

As the sun played hide and seek with the clouds, I got out of the car only to contract more attention than I expected. Damn, I'm hot. It's like the time froze right in front of my eyes while everybody was gawking at me.

I know I'm good-looking but this was worse than nightmare on elm street... The cheerleaders started raising their skirts on the far left of the front field, next to the jocks who just gave us a slight nod. 

On the far left sat little groups of people whom I presume never interacted with the type of people my brother is associated with. It is just as I expected, a typical high school with labels. I wonder if Kira goes to this school and, if she does, what label does she fall under.

"Ryder, is this the only school in Winterville?" I needed to know if I would find her here.

"Yeah, why?" He was too busy mentally undressing those cheerleaders as we walk up the "popular corner" I presume.

"Hey, Ryder is this your ... Brother?" A blond cheerleader with blue eyes eyed me from head to toe with lustful eyes as she popped her chest up.

'O...kay..., there is nothing there to even look at.'

"Meet Caleb..." My brother wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "He's a junior" That immediately released a chain full of disappointed groans that came from where a majority of the girls stood.

"I'm Devon, I'm a junior too. So are Maya, Sandra, T.J, Lucas, and Nathan." He pointed out the people he named and the guys welcomed me with a small nod while the girls waved.

"Uhh-uhumm" a tall brunette cleared her throat with crossed arms while throwing imaginary daggers at Devon.

"Ohh yeah, that's Vanessa" Devon flicked his wrist at her looking away from her.

"IT'S, VERONI-CA" she spits back at him while walking towards me. I knew exactly what type of a girl she was by the way she portrayed herself. I quickly shot Devon a "save me" look and so he did.

"Caleb let's go to the office to get you your timetable" Devon immediately sat up from the bench table where all the jocks and cheerleaders seem to hang out and tugged at my sleeve.

Without hesitation, I followed Devon to the entrance of the school. It looked like a typical American high school with a huge front building followed by other buildings around the campus. We walked around the fountain that was located in the center of the field, near the concrete stairs to the school.

Typical blue lockers on both sides descended down the long hallway that laid in front of me. Turning to the right I followed Devon to the Office; shy sunlight streamed through the half-open transparent windows to my left and students on my right pretending to fumble with their lockers while whispering among themselves as they glanced at me

"You have literature first, man I feel for you" Devon sympathized for me while peeping over my shoulders to check my schedule, after I had opened it, immediately after receiving it from the office.

"What do you have?" I didn't know my ways around the school but I guess I could figure it out considering the lady at the counter gave me a map of the school.

"Literature with you... and Veronica" He gulped and patted my back. "You know you're like fresh meat to her."

"Yeah don't worry; I'm a pro at turning down chicks like that." I smirked which amused him.

"Yeah, you look smart, just avoid her... I'll help you." With that said, we made small talks about why I moved here and other questions until we found my locker. Putting my stuff away we headed to English.

"Call me Mr. Dorian, please come in" A well suited gray-haired man greeted me with a smile at the door. "Please introduce yourself to the class"

"Erm... My name is Caleb Jackson, I play football, erm full back... umm... yeah." I didn't need super hearing to hear everyone's heartbeat in this room, even the wind didn't dare to move for a whole good minute.

"Caleb" Devon called my name which immediately caused uproar of whispers around the classroom. He motioned me to sit next to him which I gladly did.

"Dude the girls are drooling over ..." he was rudely interrupted by a very annoying noise. I would rather hear a cat scratch its paws on a chalkboard.

"So Caleb, you play football huh?" Realising that Veronica had swapped seats with someone right next to me, freaked me out. Although I was flattered that girls were throwing themselves at me, it never fails to boost my ego and the Jupiter sized head of mine.

"Yeah but this is Literature, which means I need to read." That comment automatically received surprised gasps from everyone while Devon just chuckled, trying to hide his face behind the book.

---

Edited by DarkRose4581