Apologies and reunions

I smiled a sad smile at how scared and insecure he'd gotten lately. Before he'd do whatever he wanted to do when it came to me but now he seems fragile. 

As I quickly walked out of the baggage area I spotted the stunning Aunty P patiently waiting for me. I knew I hurt her by deciding to leave with these people but she understood why I needed to do this and that's why I loved her like a real mother.

As soon as she spotted me approaching her, she almost ran towards and engulfed me in a motherly embrace. It was like a mother being reunited with her own child after a long term of separation.

"I missed you honey." She sniffed trying to hide her tears.

"I missed you too Mom." I hugged her tighter; loving how the word mom just rolls off my tongue when it comes to her. Our embrace was shortly lived as someone behind me scoffed.

"Penelope." Angela greeted her with a hoarse tone and a grim expression.

"Angela." She shifted from foot to foot. "Zac." Her crooked voice came out just above a whisper making Angela possessively grabbed on to his arms.

Gosh, it's like high school here.

"Well thank you for having me; it's time for me to go." I informed them hoping they'd go away quickly.

"Wait, when's the next time you would like to come over... you should consider coming over for college there. We have the best colleges in New York." Angela gushed proudly.

"Yeah, you don't have to worry about the money." Zac spoke up after a while with an annoying smirk on his face.

"Well she still has a year to choose so it's really her choice." Aunty P retorted back folding her arms across her chest.

"Yeah-"

"Look, I'm exhausted and it's getting late, so I think it's better for us to get home before it gets late. Thank you once again." I interfered before Angela could start throwing her snide comments at Aunty P.

With that we took off with a fake smile thrown at their way. It felt nice to be back, the fresh evening air whirled around us with a hint of coldness in it. 

The musky smell of fresh grass and earth whizzed its way inside the car as we swirled across the steep mountains. The familiar sun was setting in the far horizon leaving echoes of red and orange hues over the deep reddish blue water, mirroring the image of sky.

"How was New York." Aunty P asked after a beautiful comfortable silence.

"It was good actually, I visited Aden's grave which brought back a lot of memories but for the first time they didn't hurt. It felt like I was finally able to let go. Other than that I was stuck with those two lunatics." I informed her.

"I'm really proud of you honey, you've come a long way you know. I just wish I was there to see you grow up. I'm sorry you have my sister as your mother."

We both burst into laughter at the thought of Angela.

"God that woman is something else. If you two didn't look alike, I would have never guessed you two shared DNAs." I told her.

"Well, at least they know you don't want to live with them, hopefully they'll leave us alone." She threw a gorgeous smile at me before turning her attention towards the road. "And thank you for coming back home, Shane said if you want he can stay at Brody's"

"No, no. I think I'm okay and over that situation now. I really needed this break; also I spoke to Caleb over the holiday so it's okay I think." I reassured her.