Secret Rendezvous

Kira's P.O.V.

The walls in my room were decorated by me and Shane when I first got here as a bonding project. I wanted it pure black, including the ceiling, however, Shane decided to add navy blue spiral textures on the ceiling so that it resembled the night sky.

He placed lots of glow in the dark stars all across the ceiling and the walls except the one next to the door, opposite my bed where he added a wallpaper with a scenery of a night sky with a full silver moon on the right top side of the wall.

Underneath 2 dormant mountains rested while fresh snow covered the top that ended its trail in the middle of the wall which allowed perfect reflection of the moon to create a perfect stream of shimmering water down the calm dark sea.

My thoughts were soon interrupted by an acute sound of someone knocking on my window. Now, who's tall enough to knock on my window that's on the second floor of the house?

I quickly lifted up my glass window only to see Caleb waving frantically as he dropped the other rocks he held in his hand.

"What do you want?" I whisper shouted at him.

"You." His smile illuminated the whole garden that had a sheen glittering coat over the cold brittle green grass.

"What are you doing?" I honestly didn't know what he wanted.

"Open the front door..." He motioned with his hand.

I tiptoed around the dark house which had streaks of moonlight seeping through the window producing obscure shadows on the sleek hardwood floor. I quietly opened the door only to reveal a tall boy in a black leather jacket and combats with scruffy hair standing on my porch with a trademark smile.

Without wasting another minute I dragged him inside which caused him to stumble next to me and after silently shutting the door I held him by the jacket and continued dragging up the stairs until I shut my bedroom's door.

"If you wanted me so badly you could have just said..." Ignoring him I flicked the switch that lit up the fairy lights hanging all around the walls.

"Waoooh, Your roo..." I quickly placed my hand to cover his mouth before Shane walks in here to kill him.

"ShuT uP." I spit out the last letter indicating he's talking too loud.

"Your room is ... sexy" He seemed dazzled by the stars and scenery of the moon. "You like the color black huh?" He brushed his fingers along the silky wallpaper.

"Is sexy the only word you have in your descriptive vocabulary? And yeah I do?" I slumped back on my queen sized bed pulling the maroon comforter up to my torso as I leaned back against the headboard.

"I would say beautiful but I've only used it once to describe a girl..." My heart rapidly collided with my chest and for some reason, disappointment oozed down my body.

"Why are you here?" By now I was engaged in a staredown as he walked to my bed and after kicking off his shoes he sat down diagonally opposite me with both leg straight on the bed while the right one crossed over the left. His hands rested near his bottom abdomen with intertwined fingers.

"You didn't give me your number so I had to take drastic measures." Both of us were too stubborn to disengage the stare down as we continued talking.

"Are you kidding me?" I frowned at him. After a solid five minutes of comfortable silence, he spoke up.

"Do you remember me?" Squinting his eyes he asked, which forced his tight skin to produce three wrinkles on the side of his eyes.

"From where?" I was dumbfounded. After another minute of silence, he shuffled forward ending up right in the middle of the bed crossed legged. The only thing separating his feet touching mine was the comforter.

"Does Shane know that I know about...?" I realized that he had a nasty habit of trailing off.

"He wasn't mad, he just said he trusts you and he wants me to do that too..." Satisfaction and glee replaced his frown and a ghost of a smile danced around his full lips. "Which I assure you is not going to happen."

"But what if I told you that I know a lot more about you than you think I do." He cocked his head with a half smile while his dark eyes twinkled.

"I will tell you that you're crazy and I will ask you if you're a spy or a CIA agent." I crossed my arms and tilted my head towards him which only made him chuckle.

"You have a wild imagination Ray, you know that." He moved over so that he was sitting opposite me.

"And you're getting too close for my liking." I moved back a tiny bit without making it noticeable.

"Why are you so closed off?" His eyes were penetrating mine as he continued his search in my mind like he was reading every chapter of my life.

"Because I had people who disappointed me in life and I know not to trust again." He had seen me at my worst state and everyone knew how I am so it was only right for him to know as well so that he would stay away from me.

"A boy?" Bulk of frustration and sadness washed over his face as he gulped to clear his throat.

"No, I never gave my heart to anyone. I don't know how to love." Somehow my comment seemed to have amused and pleased him at the same time.

"Maybe you DO know how to love but you're too scared because nothing lasted around you making you think it wouldn't do the same for you." BAM, he hit me right at my core making my heart do summersaults that I didn't even know the names of. I have to throw him off his game.

"You don't know me." That's the only thing that came to my mind. I couldn't deny it; I couldn't lie to those deep mysterious eyes which held an immense amount of passion and soul.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about, everywhere you went seeking for happiness you only collided with sorrow and sadness, it doesn't mean everyone will do that to you." He moved forward to continue. "Getting attached to the wrong thing is okay but knowing what the right thing is and pushing it away is not."

"How..." My throat felt dry as adrenaline rushed through my body as his poisonous words stung me right in the core of my heart.

"The things you've been through are there to only mold you into the person you are today... You're like a rose, everyone loves the beauty of it but when you look closely you see the thorns which are there to protect you from predators. Just like your knowledge about life and situation protects you from harm and YOU, yourself protect others from danger too."

"What are you, an author of a book?" The poison had numbed my body by now leaving me senseless as my receptors dozed off to sleep.

"Don't tease me for telling you the truth." I didn't dare to reply as he leaned forward putting his hands over my knees that rested near my chest. His eyes bore into mine while my full distorted mind was shouting at me to trust him and tell him everything.

"Those eyes, I could never forget those eyes, the golden tint near the middle..." His nose was merely touching my nose. "What happened to you in New York that you left?"

"How do you know I was in New York?" I lightly raised my voice as astonishment took over my face while all the senses returned to my body supporting me to move back and away from him.

"Because we studied in the same high school before you left midway through sophomore year..."