A confession falling on dead ears

Mercy stood in a dressing room in the back of Undertakers shop, she stood in front of a mirror in a white gown. She brushed her long black hair and looked back at the green and yellow eyed woman in the mirror. Today was her big day, it was her special day, one of the most important moments of her life. Today was the day of her funeral, and she is to look like an angel thanks to the help of her dear friend Adrian Creavan otherwise known as Undertaker. Mercy was looking at herself and seeing if she looked alright in her dress when she heard a knock on the dressing room door. 

"Jacklyn darling are you ready yet?" Asked Undertaker as he walked in to see Mercy looking lovely. "Oh my don't you look lovely, I can't tell you how many women I've put in a gown like that. You have to be the loveliest one to have ever slipped into that little dress." 

"Thank you Adrian." Said Mercy as she hugged Undertaker. "Thank you so much for this day." 

"Your welcome dearie." Said Undertaker as he released himself from the hug and placed his hands on her lovely shoulders. "Are you ready now? If you want to get to the chapel in time then you have to take the sedative now." 

"Alright then I'm ready for it." Said Mercy as Undertaker took her hand and lead her to the parlor of his shop. "Is it going to hurt?" 

"No not at all." Said Undertaker as he pulled out a vial and needle. "Now give me your arm, this sedative will slow your heart rate by so much it will be as if you were dead. It will put you to sleep long enough for the funeral and burial, but you may wake up while your still buried. If you do wake up before we dig you up and take you to the reaper society, you may be hungry so I'll put you in there with a jar of those sweets you like that I make."  

"Thank you so much Adrian, I really don't know how to thank you for this." Said Mercy as Undertaker injected her with the sedative. "I'm just so grateful to have a... a... fr...." Said Mercy before the sedative kicked in, she had been sitting up and had then began to fall over as Undertaker caught her in his arms. 

"I'm so glad it kicked in before you could finish talking." Said Undertaker as he moved some hair away from his and Mercy's face. "My heart just wouldn't be able to bear those words. You look so beautiful this way, I wish you could always look like this. I wish I could always hold you like this. But alas darling you love another." He said as he ran his finger through her long black hair, he touched her near lifeless lips. "I wish I could...." He said as he put his face closer to hers. "I wish I could kiss your soft lips just once. But I can't Grell is a friend to me now and I can't betray him my love. I wish that night was just you and me, I would have been so gentle." He said as he picked her up bridal style and placed her on a table flat on her back. He then walked over to a cabinet and pulled out a make up kit and began to do Mercy's make up. He did her eye lids, lips, cheeks, eye brows and eyelashes, he even did her nails.

"You look even lovelier than an angel, and I should know I've met one." He said he touched her face with his blackened nails. "You know I think I fell in love with you when that corpse arrived, I didn't know you were a man or a woman at the time so I just fell in love with an idea. The corpse was perfectly mangled yet it was still preserved. I was quiet taken at the site and was pleased to know a woman was the one who had done that." He said as he walked away to fill Mercy's coffin with flowers, he also placed a jar of bone shaped cookies inside. "After that I sent you a letter telling you how impressed I was and how much I admired your skills in the preservation of the dead. After that you wrote me back and then we became pen pals, yet I still did not know what you looked like so I asked for a description. What you told me was disappointing, you sounded like a withered old woman. Yet I still fell in love with you for who you were, you and your inner beauty. When I finally met you I thought I had a chance to have you, and since I knew you were a reaper I knew I'd never loose you. But what a fool I was, you had already given your heart and soul to another." He said as he tried to hold back a tear. "But at least he treats you right, at least your happy with him. But know this my love, if he ever hurts you I will defend your honor." He said as he walked back to Mercy's motionless body and placed her in the coffin.

"When you wake up you won't have any memory of this conversation, you won't even know about it." He said as he patted her head. "I'm not very good at telling people like you how I really feel, so that's why I speak with corpses. They can keep secrets, they can't gossip, they can't do anything except be buried with the truth. In a way I'm burying my love for you today, seeing as how Grell may propose to you one day. But for this moment it's just you and me and the black roses from your garden, remember when you said they hold secrets? I do, that's what they'll do today, hold my secret love for you." He said as he finally decided to be bold and place a gentle kiss on her cold lips. "You've already grown cold my love? My how quick, no matter your definitely ready now."