She knew the whole time

Mmmmm..... Wha....Where... Where am I?... This is Mercy's room. What am I... Where are my clothes?*sniff* Why do I smell sage and roses? What in the hell happened last night.

"Good morning Bassey!" Said Grell as he walked in the room with a tea tray. "How are you feeling this morning darling?" 

"Please tell me nothing happened last night." Said Sebastian.

"Well... I only washed you afterwards. I didn't do anything perverted I promise." Said Grell.

 "Afterwards? What do you mean afterwards?" Asked Sebastian.

"After my lady was done with you." Said Grell as he put the tray in Sebastian's lap. "You blacked out after you opened that wine bottle for me." Said Grell as Sebastian remembered the events of the night before.

"What did your mistress do to me last night?!?!" Said Sebastian as he grabbed Grell by the neck and forced him down. "And what has she done to my master?"

"Gahhhh... She m.. marked you... C.. Ceil is fine.... I swear she would.... never harm him!..."Said Grell as he gasped for air. 

"M.. Marked me...." Said Sebastian as he clencthed his fists. "That little witch! How dare she humiliate me!" Yelled Sebastian.

"No, no, no! You misunderstand! She did it to protect you and prevent Ceil from losing you." Said Grell as he massaged his now bruised neck. 

"What do you mean protect? She's a demon hunter... They don't protect demons they kill them...." Said Sebastian.

"They also aid reapers and mark demons. When they do mark them it's to protect them and the person they made a contract with." Explained Grell. "In this case she did it for Ceil, who if he lost you would be all alone in this world." 

"I see... But one question Grell." Said Sebastian. "Why did you tell her I was a demon? I thought you liked me?" 

"I didn't... She must have smelled you." Said Grell.

"Smelled me?" Asked Sebastian.

"Yes, my lady is not only a master marks-woman but a very skilled and talented hunter. She was born with an extraordinary ability to smell souls. She can whiff out demon souls like a blood hound whiffs out game." Said Grell. "I only asked if we could stay with you and Ceil. I told her nothing of your being a demon." 

"I see... Ughh... My head is killing me." Said Sebastian.

"Oh are you still in pain darling?" said Grell.

"I'm not your darling... and no, I'm suffering from a feeling of massive stupidity." Said Sebastian. "I should have known she knew the whole time." 

"Oh it's alright Bassey I know that feeling. I felt it after I realized she was a woman." Said Grell as he left the room. 

"Huh?... What now." Said Sebastian as he got up from the bed. "Hmmmm.... I wonder why Grell isn't molesting me like he usually does.... Hmmm oh well I better just accept this and not think too much on it."  Said Sebastian to himself as he went to go bathe. 

Hmmmm.... Gahh!!!! What the! Where the... How did I.... Mercy! That witch! I should have known she was fraud! 

Ceil was very angry when he woke up from his drug induced sleep that he jumped from bed not even bothering with asking where Sebastian was. He marched to the ballroom since thats where they had been last time when he woke up. He opened the doors to see them not dancing but working on the case. Mercy was on the phone while Grell was listening with a pen at the ready. 

"Yes... She's an American by the name of Beatrice Kincaid..." She said on the phone.

"What's the meaning of..." Said Ceil before he was interrupted with shushing.

"Janet Birmingham..... Yes that is very helpful. Thank you sir. I'll see to it that the queen knows of your aid in my search. Thank you." She said as she hung up. "Oh, good morning Ceil. I wasn't expecting you to be up so soon. I guess the sedative I gave you isn't very affective on someone of your size."

"What do you mean... Wait what happened last night?!?!" Said Ceil.

"I was just testing out a new sedative... Oh and I was marking your demon butler too." She said as she went to go circle something on a map.

"Wait.... Mark?... Wait you knew the whole time?!?!" Said Ceil.

"Yes, of course I did. I'm a demon hunter... Plus I could smell a mile away... Literally. And as for marking him all I did was make it so demon hunters wouldn't be able to kill him without getting trouble...I did it for you... Oh and if you were wondering yes I knew Grell was reaper. He told me when I first met him. I didn't have to ask because I can smell souls." Said Mercy very quickly as she moved around the room.

"Wait so... Your protecting him? And you did that for me?" Asked Ceil.

"Yes." She said as she knelled to his eye level. "Your young and you should enjoy it while you can.... Anything at anytime can take that away from you. Like sickness or bad people who want something like you in their hands.... Oh I'm sorry that I didn't ask if I could do anything of these things Dave... Err Ceil." She said almost teary eyed. 

"Mercy?" Said Grell. "You look light headed. You should go get sleep you were up all night." Said Grell.

"Oh I can't sleep yet what about the questioning?" Said Mercy.

"I'll take care of it quietly and swiftly like you told me how to... Now you go on to bed Bassey is already awake." He said as he scotched her out the door.

"Oh but could you change the sheet's first then?" She asked.

"I'll take care of it right now... In the mean time why don't you sit and relax." Said Grell as he took her by the hand to escort her to her room. They had left the room leaving Ceil alone as he thought to himself.

"Dave? Who's Dave?" Asked Ceil to himself. 

"Ah master there you are." Said Sebastian looking a little tired. "Forgive me for not have your tea ready before you woke up." He said as he bowed.

"It's alright Sebastian. How you feeling?" He asked.

"I've seen better day's my lord. That Mercy certainly is an odd one isn't she?" Said Sebastian.

"Yes, yes she is.... I think she might even be more skilled than you." Said Ceil before leaving Sebastian in awe.