How did you two meet?

This is a long chapter. Just felt like warning you ahead of time.

It had been a few hours since Grell had gone to get the information his mistress needed to continue her investigation. It had also been a few hours since he put Mercy down for some sleep, and few hours since Ceil wondered about who Dave was. Just then Grell came back while Sebastian was dusting. "I'm back!" Said Grell as he walked through the door.

"Oh hello Grell how did your errand go?" Asked Sebastian not fearing Grell would flirt.

"Fine, fine. Say is Mercy awake yet?" Asked Grell.

"Hmm... No she's been sound asleep ever since you left." Said Sebastian.

"Good... Huh. I swear that woman will work herself so hard I'll end up reaping her soul." Sighed Grell before sitting down on the stairs.

"Hmm... What do you mean?" Asked Sebastian.

"Well, ever since the day I met her she's always worked herself to the point of exhaustion or near death... From what her brother told me it's been that way since she was 12... Ever since she lost.... uhhh... someone dear to her heart." Said Grell.

"Oh, I see. By the way how did you come to be in her service?" Asked Sebastian.

"Oh well that is actually a very interesting story." Said Grell. "A few months ago an old friend of mine came up to me asking me for a favor."

****Several months ago****

"Grell! Grell!!! Grell!!!!" Shouted a reaper who was running down the hall of the reapers society HR building.

"Huh?" Grell turned around to see a friend of his.

"Gregory! Is that you darling?!?"

"Yes sir Mr. Sutcliff!" Saluted the reaper.

"At ease boy... Oh you American reapers always saluting." Giggled Grell as he saluted back.

"Sorry sir it's something we American's do to show respect to our superiors." Said Gregory.

"We just give proper address in England we don't salute or anything... Hmmmm... But we do bow sometimes." Said Grell."So what did you want again Gregory?" asked Grell.  

"Oh I was wondering if you could do something for me?" Asked Gregory.

"Oh I'd do anything for you darling... After all you did do that one thing for me." Said Grell.

"Really that's great!" Said Gregory.

"So what would you like for me to do for you?" Asked Grell.

"I was wondering if you could help me with some of my work." He said. "You see I've been neglecting my paper work..."

"Stop right there! I'm sorry but I'm not going to do your boring old paper work." Protested Grell.

"Oh no! I'm not asking you to do my paper work for me." He said. "I need to do my paper work. But I was wondering if you could reap the souls in my jurisdiction for me." Asked Gregory.

"Hmmm.... As in just do your field work for you? Hmmmm I don't know?" Said Grell.

"Come on Grell! You owe me! After I did that favour for you I couldn't walk straight for three weeks!" He said while making puppy eyes.

"Oh.... Oh fine." Said Grell. "But only because I can't say no to that face."

"Great! Here's the list of the folks I have to reap for the next few weeks. Thanks so much Grell! Well I gotta go start on all that paper work I have piled up!" Said Gregory as he handed Grell a very heavy stack of papers and ran away.