A Change in Strategy

"Hmmm... I forgot to ask Mercy why she wanted me to take this map." Said Ceil as he looked at the map he was told to grab on his desk. It was late in the morning. 

"You could ask now." Said Mercy as she walked into his office. She was wearing her leather trousers again and was looking very serious. 

"Mercy! Your awake!" Said Ceil as he walked to Mercy. "Your feeling better already?" Asked Ceil.

"Yeah, now about that map. It show's all the train stations and rail roads that Billie is targeting. We're going to need it to stop her." Said Mercy pointing at the map. 

"Targeting? Why would she be targeting trains?" Asked Ceil.

"Don't you remember? Lau said she's planing on blowing them up for fun." She said.

"Wait... Why would she just blow them up for fun?" He asked.

"To feel like a god of course. Why else would one strike terror into an empire?" Said Mercy as though it were obvious. 

"What a vile motive... So I assume we're going in there in disguise again?" Said Ceil.

"No... We're going to be upfront this time.... This time we're going to fight back directly." She said as Ceil put on a face of shock.

"What! All this time you've said we have to be discrete and now your telling me we're going to attack them! What the hell!" Shouted Ceil.

"*sigh* I  know... But now I don't have a choice, because I put you in danger the other day I don't have any choice." She said. "I want you to arm yourself, and I want you to be next to Sebastian at all times. Is that clear?" She asked. 

"Uhhhh... Yes, it's clear." Said Ceil. "I'm sorry I didn't mean raise my voice." Said Ceil as Mercy walked over to hug him. 

"It's alright Ceil... Now I'm not leaving the room until Sebastian comes in. I don't want you to go unsupervised." Said Mercy as she put herself to Ceil's eye level. 

"Alright, he should be here soon anyway." Said Ceil as Sebastian walked in. 

"Well speak of the devil..." Said Mercy as she stood to her feet. "Sebastian I'm going to ask you to not leave Ceil at all. You must be within arms length of him at all times. Is that clear?" Said Mercy. 

"Yes, but do you mind me asking as to why you wish for my master to be supervised at all times?" Asked Sebastian.

"Because Billie knows I'd do anything to protect a child. She know's me well enough that if Ceil was captured I'd risk my life to save him." She said as Ceil felt special.

"What a clever strategy. Using something you care about against you like that... Why it's as almost as twisted and sadistic as you." Said Sebastian as Mercy Punched him in the face. "Now was that really necessary?" Asked Sebastian as he wiped his face with cloth. 

"Just making sure you can take a punch. I don't want to leave Ceil in the hands of someone weak." Said Mercy as she headed out the door. "I'll be getting ready we'll leave in an hour." She said as she closed the door behind her.  

"It must be getting serious if her strategy has to change so drastically." Said Ceil as he sat back at his desk. "Sebastian... Do you think this all my fault?" He asked looking sadden. 

 "Huhhh... Why of course not master. Why do you ask?" Said Sebastian.

"It's... It just feel's like her plans haven't been going according to plan because of me." Said Ceil. 

"No need to blame yourself master... Her line of work is un-predictable. Not everything she does can possibly go according to plan all the time." Said Sebastian reassuring Ceil.

"Yeah... Sure." Said Ceil as he pouted. "Well... We should get ready then..."