An act of friendship

"Sebastian I'll be taking my tea in my office." Said Ceil.

"Yes, my lord." Said Sebastian. "Will you be needing anything before you go to bed Mercy?"

"No, Grell I'm going to go to sleep now. Feel free to enjoy the rest of your evening with that wine I got you." Said Mercy before walking up the stairs.

"Thank you my lady." Bowed Grell. "If you'd like to join me for glass after you put Cei to bedl feel free to Bassey. Or you could just take advantage of me after I'm drunk." Winked Grell.

"No thank you Grell." Said Sebastian as he walked away to the kitchen. Sebastian went to go make his masters teas without noticing that Mercy had followed him. She waited until Ceil had walked into his office and sat down at his desk before knocking on the door to speak with him.

"Ceil." Said Mercy as she walked in the office with a wrapped box in her hands. "I wanted to give you this as a token of gratitude for allowing me Grell to stay here with you." She said.

"Oh, Why thank you Mercy." Said Ceil a bit confused as he placed the gift on his desk.

"Well.." She said. "Aren't you going to open it?" She asked.

"I think I'll open it in the morning." He said.

"Oh but you see... In America when someone gives a wrapped gift we open it in front of them. That way we know we got them the right type of gift." She said.

"Oh alright. Said Ceil as he opened the box. When he did a puff of gas hit him the face, he was so surprised he didn't react. The gas was a mild sedative that would keep Ceil asleep until tomorrow in the early noon. After she was sure he was out cold she took the box and set Ceil in a way that would look like he just fell asleep. She walked out before Sebastian saw her. Sebastian walked in the office and Ceil asleep, he smiled at his sleeping lord. Mainly because Ceil is much cuter when he's asleep.

"Oh goodness it's looks like my lord has fallen asleep at his desk again." Said Sebastian as he carried Ceil to his room. He changed his clothes and then tucked him into bed. Sebastian wasn't at all surprised to see Ceil had fallen asleep at his desk, it was something he did fairly often. Sebastian then walked downstairs only to hear Grell struggle with opening a wine bottle.

"Dammit open already!" Said Grell as he struggled with the bottle.

"Honestly Grell." Said Sebastian as he took the bottle from Grell. "Your not even pulling on the cork. First you place your hand firmly on it and then you..." Said Sebastian as he opened the bottle a strange haze came from it. "That...That scent it's... It's.." Stuttered Sebastian as he began to fall to the floor and look at Grell.

"It's holy sage." Said a woman's voice. "It's the only thing that can put a demon to sleep." Said the woman. Sebastian looked up to Mercy. She was wearing a cloak and Grell stood there looking very sad. "It's something we demon hunters use quiet often." She said as Sebastian blacked out.   

Oh god! Grell.... He... He's going to.. Wait, who's that... M..Mercy? But what is she..... A.. A demon hunter! Oh no... C...Ceil.... What has she done to him... *black out*

Sebastian had fainted from the haze of holy sage that came from the bottle. Mercy had Grell go find the rest of the servants and drug them as well. While he did that she managed to carry Sebastian to her room. She sprawled him out on the bed and tied him down with what was known as blessed linen, something that many demons could not break from. She then began to strip Sebastian and then placed a blanket over the parts of him that needed no exposure. She placed a silver cross that had been soaked with holy water on his bare chest. She saw Sebastian grunt with pain.

The good thing is that he can't feel how much this really hurts. If he could feel it then he might not make it. Holy sage is the next best thing for a sedative for a demon. If it weren't for Ceil and Grell I might actually kill him. But I can't just leave a kid all alone, but I can't take a risk either. What if another hunter shows up and kills him. That's why I'm marking him. That way the only thing I have to worry about is another demon killing him. On the upside for me though is that after Sebastian fulfills his contract with Ceil he'll be used other demon hunters and god... He'll have a divine purpose thanks to me.

She spoke in tongues, a language believed to be understood only by those who are true servants of god. As she did so the bed began to shake and rise, she used angelic seals to continue the ritual. A flash of light filled the room and it was over. Sebastian was marked by a demon hunter. She removed the cross, it had left a burn. She then opened a jar that contained a cream that was made from holy sage and water and rubbed it over his burn which then faded. It looked as though as nothing had been done to him. She untied him and put his arms and legs straight and tucked him in. She was going to let him rest now. When she walked out of the room Grell was waiting outside.

"So how did it go?" He asked.

"It went well." She said. "Easier than I expected."

"Is he going to be alright?" Asked Grell.

"Yes, yes he'll be fine. Though the survival rate is low he pulled through thanks to the holy sage I gave him before we started." She said.

"Oh thank goodness!" Sighed Grell. "So is he all sweaty like you said he would be?" Asked Grell.

"Yes, yes... You can wash him now. But be careful, he's very weak right now." She said.

"Oh I'll be very gentle." Said Grell as he walked in the room. He looked down at Sebastian. "Oh... how very disappointing. I was expecting him to be just a little awake." Said Grell as he poked him. " I wonder if he's still alive." He said as he checked his pulse. "No, he's alive... Hmmmmm... Well this is no fun... But he does smell, might as well." Said Grell as he started to wash Sebastian with a bit of disappointment.