Chapter 25: End of my first year High School

Justin's P.O.V.
It's already March and summer vacation is coming very soon. It's just around the corner. We passed all the struggles. And by struggles, I mean our exams, projects and some boring lectures. Plus the detentions I went through. I do not want that to happen again. No way. "Hey guys it's recess time! How about we go to the usual hang out place?" Alex shouted with a smile visible on her face. Our friends thumbs up and prepared our stuff. "We will be ahead okay? Just catch up with us as soon as your done!" Like said and dragged Alex with him. Tsk. I clenched my hands. That guy is really getting on my nerve. "Chill dude. It's just Luke." Albert said while tapping my shoulders. It's been recently when he admitted to me that he had a crush on Pia. "Yeah, and that simple Luke guy is trying to get her away from me." I said in a annoyed tone. He raised his hands as a sign of surrender and then continued to fix his stuff and then we went to our usual hang out place. It was in a tree house that was a bit near the school but people rarely passes there. We both climbed up and found a lot of food on the mini table and it looks like everything was arranged for a party. I was also surprise to see pictures of our previous adventures this grade 7. It look like everything was a plan in the beginning. Though why do I have the feeling that something bad is coming our way this summer? Why am I not excited for vacation? "Hi you guys, your late. Come and take a seat." Rick said and then we sat down in our respective chairs. "Where did you get all these pictures?" Piano asked while looking at the albums. "I let Rick and Luke take good stolen pictures of us and I am going to make a history about our memories in each grade and put it under the soil." Alex simply replied and then sat down on her chair. "Why didn't tell us a bit more earlier?" Lucy asked. "No reason." Replied in a bit bored tone. "Fine." Francis said in a mean tone and then glared at Alex. I automatically glared at him for glaring at Alex. "So anyways what is this so called celebration for?" Rick asked in an ill mannered way. Everyone sat down in their chairs quietly and waited for Alex's answer. "First I would like to thank everyone for being with me and hope to see you next year. Second, I would like you to continue studying here at this school so that we may learn a bit more of each other's past as soon as we get to trust each other more and strengthen our bond. Third, I hope that you may accept me and forgive everything that I have done wrong." Alex said nervously while her hands shaking and she is tapping her left foot. "Don't be nervous. Don't worry. We will be always together!" I said with a smile that came from the bottom of my heart. "Please do not make promises you cannot keep." She whispered. My eyes widened a bit but I pretended like I didn't hear her. "Tomorrow is our last day in school, so everyone enjoy the moment of being a grade 7 before moving unto the next level!" Lucy toasted with a grape juice in her right hand. We had the 'cheers moment' and then had fun. I discovered that Alex planned and told the school the other day that they will party in their tree house since the teacher in our next subjects after recess will be absent since they are in charge of going with other students in the competitions outside of the school.
"I hope this moment will last forever. I hope that life would really be as one of the saying goes. 'When there is dark clouds there are Sun shines after.' I hope I won't be engulfed with darkness any longer like in the past 31 months." I murmured and good thing no one heard me. Everyone seems to be having fun. Next school year I wonder, will I get to know everyone better and would we be able to solve harder problems being thrown at us by life?