Bloody dreams 8 (edited)

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca

CHAPTER VIII

THE RESCUE

MICHAEL'S POV

A few minutes before Alexia fainted

As soon as I got into the pub I saw Aaren holding Alexia tightly into his arms. His body was tense, ready to fight and protect her, if anything got wrong. I looked at the unknown vampire that was still holding his hand on Alexia's shoulder. She seemed really pissed about all the situation, but I'm sure she wasn't even aware of the fact that she was staying right between two vampires. I could laugh if it wasn't such a dangerous situation.

In order to banish the intruder I began to release a little of my power. This way, the outsider will know who I am.

As I got closer to Aaren, I said:

“Aaren! Is everything ok?”

“Yeah, piece of cake” Aaren answered smirking as usual.

The other vampire began to tremble because of my power. He looked horrified towards me and he let go of Alexia, beginning to retreat in the opposite direction.

“Please forgive me. I'm really sorry. I didn't know the girl was with you” he said.  

“Just leave before I begin to lose my patience” I ordered with venom in my words. If we weren't in a public place with so many people I would have killed him in an instant. But he was lucky with the entire situation in hand.

“I don't have time to stay here talking with a mud blood as you!” I continued as I let go of a little bit more of my dark power, obviously sending waves of terror through his body.

“I'm really sorry! I didn't know” the unknown guy said bowing a little and in an instant he left, rushing through the exit of the pub.

Aaren relaxed almost instantly after that. He turned Alexia around looking into her green eyes.

“Are you ok?” he asked her, trying to make sure that she was safe. I know he wouldn’t cope with loosing her.  

Alexia looked at him, obviously stressed and confused and answered in a mere whisper.

“I think so!”

Aaren sensed her voice and tried to change the subject, before she could ask him questions about what happened earlier. Her eyes were confused as her brain was still trying to process what happened. She knew that something was wrong.

“Alexia, I want you to meet my friends” Aaren said with too much enthusiasm in the tone of his voice, obviously trying to distract her attention.

After a short pause, she answered distrustful:

“Ummm...ok?”

Her answer sounded like a question and Aaren chuckled hearing her words. Then he let go of her. She balanced a little and then stood alone, facing him.

“This is Paul” Aaren began.

She looked curious towards Paul and, in a blink of an eye she saw everything, his clothes and his face, looking more at his face.

“Hello, my dear! How are you?” Paul asked, looking in her direction smiling.

“Hi” she said weakly.

“I'm fine, thank you!” she answered avoiding to look right into his eyes.

“This is Leo” Aaren continued with the presentations.