Vampire blood XXXIII

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca

ID 8389919

ISBN: 978-1-4457-0390-9

Lulu publishing

CHAPTER XXXIII

ALEXANDER'S POV

Looking at the sleeping beauty in my arms I ask myself how she can belong to such a hateful world. She doesn't know a thing about what being a vampire means and yet her place is here. It always was and it will always be, even if she had to live as a human, even if she didn't know anything about us and even if she didn't want to become a vampire. Without knowing, she was running away from who she really was: one of us. I can't understand why Laufeia took such a strange decision. Why did she break the bond that Anya had with her world, with her father? Why?

Alexia moved a little mumbling something in her restless sleep. She always seemed so powerful and stubborn, fighting me or everyone else who stayed in her way. Her eyes never betrayed fear: not even when she found out that I was a vampire and I appeared in her dreams, tormenting her, not even when she knew that Damian's blood was running through her veins and, definitely not even when she believed that Henry was going to kill her in front of the vampire council. She was always so composed and faithful, even if she knew she didn't have one chance against any of us. But the pain she went through and she is still going through it is something totally different. That image will haunt me for the rest of my existence. For the first time since I know her, her eyes betrayed so much pain and agony, that I never saw until now.

Such a creature, so warm, so soft and beautiful... She can't be doomed like that!

Suddenly my thoughts stopped, being replaced by instincts. I slowly raised my head sniffing: vampire. My muscles tensed involuntary, the new smell attracting my entire attention towards it.

I could recognise it. It was Vincent's smell and that made it even more suspicious considering the fact that he simply hates humans and he never comes in this side of the house. And, when he wanted to see me or Henry, he used to send one of his vampire servants to announce us.

He is a proud noble vampire. Through his veins runs the blood of an ancient immortal blood line. His father was a pureblood and his mother was a member of a noble vampire family. That makes him be almost as powerful as a pureblood is. His blood heritage is a powerful and terrifying evil one.

His strange hate towards humans is so deep that it makes him stay away of them or kill them painfully. These facts made me want him as far away as possible from Alexia. Vincent is really evil and his belief that humans are just a source of blood, a meal if you want to call it this way, makes him even more dangerous. Considering all these facts I wonder why he is so interested in Alexia. Why does he want to get close to her?

Soon, the door knob moved, making my body tense even more.

Vincent slowly opened the door and walked inside the room. As soon as he entered, he looked at me, his eyes betraying his surprise. His intense and cold look instantly transformed into a composed one, as a fake smile spread across his face.

"Alexander, what a surprise!" he said with a cheerful voice.

I just looked at him through narrowed eyes, before speaking.

"Vincent, what are you doing here?" I asked through clenched teeth, trying to keep it casual. I carefully pulled my arm from under Alexia's head, not wanting to wake her up, and I pushed my body from the bed, until I was standing beside it. My body was tense and ready to react if Vincent moved even one muscle towards Alexia's unconscious body.

Vincent slowly lifted his head, looking towards me after his eyes quickly scanned Alexia's body. His eyes were so cold and emotionless; their deep blackness making me narrow my eyes in a futile attempt to discover what was he hiding from me.