Vampire blood XLVI

CHAPTER XLVI

ALEXANDER'S POV

Only the thought of actually never seeing her again was simply unbearable, driving me over the edge.

I wanted her to wake up; I wanted to see her laugh again, to be able to choose her own path in life, staying as far away from me as possible, because I wasn't the right choice for her to make.

She deserved to be with someone who was strong enough in order to protect her and it seemed that against someone like Ahriman I wasn't powerful enough in order to do so.

Looking towards her pale face, gifted with the most kissable lips I ever saw during my long existence, slowly I fell into unconsciousness while my tired eyes closed and my mind pulled me into nothingness.

I was lost into a restless sleep, having nightmares about losing the only woman who ever meant something for me.

Alexia was alone in darkness and I could feel her pain and loneliness as I got closer to the place where she stood. Slowly she raised her head and whispered:

'Learn to use your powers!' she ordered, a weak smile spreading over her lips. She seemed helpless as I looked towards her beautiful white chocolate skin, trying to capture her in my arms right when the soft touch of a warm hand caressing my cheek and my lips, forcing a low moan to escape from me, pulled me away from my painful dreams.

I couldn't understand if I was still dreaming or if it was something real.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as my vampire instincts took over forcing me to open my eyes almost instantly. My head rose towards the source of the warmth, as a shocked expression appeared on my face as soon as I understood who touched my already sensitive skin, waking me up.

It was her, the angel who kept tormenting me during all this time. It was her!?!

Seeing her here, by my side seemed so unreal after almost one month of waiting for her to react and open those beautiful green eyes of her. They all lost their hopes and it seemed that I was on the edge of loosing it too waiting...

My eyes widen as I tried to make sure that I was not seeing things, losing myself in such insanity that I was hallucinating.

"Alexia?" I asked her with obvious confusion in my words as I waited for the beautiful dream to finally be over, forcing me to come back into a cold and empty world which I had to endure without her by my side.

Slowly she looked towards me, smiling reassuringly which made me react almost instantly, forcing me to capture her in my arms. I knew she was not real, but I wanted her there, I needed her there just like a human needs air in order to survive.

I've waited a few more seconds for the dream to end but it didn't. That's when I began to ask myself if, by some miracle, this wasn't just a dream, but the truth, that she was finally awake. I didn't want to hope, but it was hard to concentrate when I could smell her familiar fragrant perfume, almost tasting her scent on my tongue.

"You're awake!" I finally stated while tightly holding her into my arms, forcing her head to press against my chest. Her warmth was emanating through me, making me anxious to find out if she was really there, safe, in my arms.

"You're awake!" I whispered again not daring to believe my own words.

Weakly, almost imperceptible, she tried to escape from my arms, but I didn't intend to let go of her. She was ok and only the thought that she could be lost forever forced me to hold her tightly wrapped in my arms.

Before she could even realise what I was doing, I scooped her from the bed and walked towards the door. I needed to take her to Oliver's medical laboratory, in order to make sure that she was fine.