Vampire blood XXXI

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca

ID 8389919

ISBN: 978-1-4457-0390-9

Lulu publishing

CHAPTER XXXI

ALEXIA'S POV

After Annabelle left the room, promising that she will come to see me again in the morning, I could finally sleep. So, I slowly walked towards my bed and buried my face in the soft and cold silk sheets. I didn't even have the strength to cover my body, so I lay there, almost dead, without moving one single finger. My eyelids soon became too heavy to keep my eyes opened, so I gladly embraced the darkness.

"Alexiaaa..."

I quickly looked around. I was in a dark unknown and quiet place.

"Who's there?" I asked in a mere whisper, trying to find who was calling my name.

"Alexiaaa...Alexiaaa..." called the unknown voice, echoing from the stone walls surrounding me.

"Who are you?" I asked. "Why are you calling my name?"

As soon as I asked the questions, I saw with my peripheral vision a movement in the shadows, making me turn around in an instant, turning my entire attention towards the danger. As I continued to stare towards the thick darkness which surrounded me, suddenly the dark figure of a woman appeared in front of me. I couldn't see her face, but I already knew her. I couldn't tell from where or when I met her, but I was sure I saw her before.

Analyzing my reactions, she slowly walked towards me. In an inexplicable way, it was the first time when a scary place like this one didn't made me feel uncomfortable at all. I didn't even felt threatened by the presence of this strange woman in front of me. Walking in the moon light reflected through the bars of a small window I could finally see her. She had long white silver hair, skin as white as milk, but the most amazing thing in her appearance were her blue-green eyes. The light of her pupils made me gasp as soon as I saw her. She stopped a few feet away waiting my reaction.

"W...who are you?" I finally managed to ask.

"The time has finally come, Anya!" she whispered locking my eyes in the deepness of her blue-green ones.

"What are you talking about? My name is Alexia, not Anya!" I slowly informed her.

"The time has come!" she said louder.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"It is time that you finally accept who you are!" she ordered.

"I am Alexia" I informed her.

"Accept who you are!" she yelled at me, her scream making me wake up agitated, hardly breathing.

Instantly I felt two strong arms wrapped around my waist, holding me in place. My body tensed and I looked towards the person who was holding me. It was Alexander.

"What the hell happened?" he asked with an angry and in the same time agitated expression on his face.

"I...I had a dream!" I said in a mere whisper. I couldn't call it a nightmare, because even if the woman from my dream startled me, she made me feel safe in the same time.

"A nightmare I would say!" he said sarcastically. "I could hear your screams from the other side of the property!" he continued.

"That's strange!" I said confused.

"What's strange: that I could hear you or that you screamed so loud?" he asked.

"I don't remember screaming in my dream?" I finally admitted. "And, to tell you the truth, I wouldn't even say it was a nightmare, but..."