Vampire blood XXVI

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca

ID 8389919

ISBN: 978-1-4457-0390-9

Lulu publishing

CHAPTER XXVI

ALEXANDER'S POV

I watched her sleep. She looked so beautiful. Her long eyelashes caressing her face, her long hair spread over the pillow. My need to have her close to me, my desire to keep her in my arms was even more unbearable now, when I saw her sleep quietly.

I couldn't believe that she could make me crave for her body and for her soul, whishing that she could see through my mask, whishing that she could be the one to truly understand me, after so many years of solitude and darkness. I would like she could really be my confident, my lover and my friend, even if I didn't think that something like that could ever happen.

I wanted her to be all mine. I wanted her so badly, that I almost couldn't control myself. If she wasn't in pain I'm sure I would have made love with her right here and now.

I slowly touched her warm soft skin on her neck and her shoulders. What could this feeling be? It's like something really hot screams inside my chest. I never felt something like that for anyone else and definitely not for a human girl.

As I looked at her I found myself leaning towards her sleeping body, smelling her unbelievable fragrant perfume. As I was getting closer to her sleeping face, carefully analyzing her lips, she moved a little, revealing her white neck. Michael's mark was healing, leaving only two small pink points on her neck. I examined it more carefully imagining how would it be to actually drink her blood? What did Michael felt when he bit her, drinking her warm sweet blood. My throat was on fire as soon as I imagined myself actually drinking it.

I leaned towards her sleeping body examining the veins of her neck. Then, slowly, I opened my mouth, preparing to bite her neck, when I realised what I was about to do.

How can she make me lose control over my own body? How can she make me lose my mind and my rational thinking? I pushed myself away from her, in an attempt to escape from the spell she put on me. I could never harm her. I would never harm her! She's too important to be killed, I said to myself. But I kept asking myself how a human could have so much influence over a pureblood vampire.

I got out of the room, but my nose could still smell her perfume, my tongue could still taste the perfume of her skin, my mind forming vivid imagines about the way I would bite her, about the taste of her blood spreading into my mouth. I couldn't control myself anymore! I knew I had to drink blood or I would surely attack her. I walked into my room and called Eric. He came in a few seconds.

- Did you call? He asked me.

- I'm thirsty! I said.

- Yes, of course, I will bring you right away! We have some bottles with fresh blood stored just for you. He immediately said.

I knew that something like that could never satisfy my thirst after being so close of her, after smelling her blood and sensing it pulsing under my cold lips.

- I want a human! I ordered.

Eric looked at me with a petrified expression on his face, but he didn't say one word. He just nodded and headed towards the door. After a few couple of minutes, he was back in my room, bringing with him a small blonde girl with bright blue eyes. He looked at me to see if I was satisfied with the choice he made and I just nodded.

As I looked at the girl in front of me, I could feel her fear, making her blood to smell even better. It couldn't be as good as Alexia's blood, but right in that moment I didn't have any other choice. My body screamed from the need. My throat was on fire, making me lose my rational thinking. I couldn't take it anymore.