Bloody dreams 19 (edited)

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca

CHAPTER XIX

THE DECISION

ALEXIA'S POV

I stayed with Michael until he was asleep. Paul went to the lab to make some more tests and Aaren and Leo were hunting in the forest near by. Michael looked so young and gorgeous. Few strands of his black messy hair were hanging over his closed eyes. His nose and his full lips made him look even more handsome. My hand slowly caressed his face, his eyes and beautiful lips. I wish I could be by his side always, but I know I can't. Without even knowing, I leaned toward him and I almost touched his lips. He moved a little, but didn't wake up. He must be really tired. I looked at the blood transfusion that Paul gave him.

He's a vampire, a vampire, I keep telling myself. You can't care for a vampire! You can't! But, I didn't care about that. Not anymore. I'm sorry, Michael, but I have to leave. I'm sorry that I can't keep my promise. I looked for Michael's phone in the pockets of his jeans. I quickly found his Nokia n97 silver phone. I quickly looked in the phonebook for Alexander's number. I was afraid that Paul could catch me and my plan would fail. This is my only chance. After a few seconds I found Alexander's phone number. I pressed the call key. As I was waiting for someone to answer, my heart began to race in my chest, making me feel weak again. After a few seconds a familiar voice answered, sending shivers down my spine.

“Michael, what's the matter? What do you want again? If you called to talk about the same thing, then...”

“It's not Michael. I'm Alexia.”

For a couple of seconds he didn't say one single word. I began to think that he hung up, but after a few more seconds he spoke again.

“Alexia? Well, well, if it isn't the human... How did you...? Where is Michael?” He said. I could feel the confusion in his words.

“Michael is... fine! He's sleeping! I just wanted to talk with you.”

“I'm listening!” He quickly said.

“I want to make a deal with you! I will tell you what you want to know, but, you have to promise me that you won't harm Michael or his friends.”

“Is this some kind of joke? You told me last night that you didn't want to tell me anything. What made you change your mind so quickly?”

“Today I... almost killed Michael…” I tried to explain.

“What? So, it's true..." he said to himself. "Tell me where you are!” he ordered.

“I won't tell you until you promise!” I said.

“Ok, I promise!”

“How can I trust that you will keep your word?”

“Well, you'll just have to take the risk!”

“I don't care if you kill me, but you can't harm any of them. They helped me in a way that nobody could have helped me.”

“Ok! I promise that I won't harm them.”

“Ok! I'm... at Paul's clinic, in the mountains near Bran. Do you know the area?”

“Yeah, I'll be there tonight. Wait me there, and... you made the right choice!”

He hung up the phone, before I could say anything else. I slowly put Michael's phone back in his pocket. He moved a little, but he didn't wake up. I'm sorry Michael! I'm really sorry that I didn't listen to what you told me. But I can't risk harming you! I didn't know if I did the right thing, but now was too late to go back.