Vampire blood XX

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca

ID 8389919

ISBN: 978-1-4457-0390-9

Lulu publishing

CHAPTER XX

ALEXIA'S POV

I struggled to escape from his strong arms, but I only managed to harm myself. My waist was hurting me so much, but I didn't care about me. All I could think about in that moment was Michael.

- Michael, open your eyes, I kept screaming, but he didn't move.

I tried to remember how I used my power against Michael. How have I done it? I have to escape from Alexander's grip. I concentrated, trying to handle my power and thinking only in escaping from Alexander's arms. Suddenly, I felt like my veins were on fire. My hands began to warm up and I felt a strong pressure on my chest, but, somehow I succeeded in controlling it. I slowly let go of the strong amount of energy that was inside my body. I don't know exactly what happened, but I was finally free. I couldn't feel Alexander's arms around my waist anymore. This was the moment I've been waiting for. I ran towards Michael, but, before I could get to him, Alexander was in front of me. He let go of a low and menacing growl. He grabbed my shoulders into a tight grip.

- Do you really want me to kill them? He asked.

- You killed Michael! I said screaming at him.

- What? Michael is not death! He's just unconscious for a couple of hours. But if you fight me again I can't promise that I will let him and the others live.

I didn't say anything else. I mean, what could I say? I didn't intend to admit my mistake and I definitely didn't intend to apologies to Alexander for attacking him. After all it was his fault that he made me believe he killed Michael. At least I was happy that Michael was alive. Alexander came closer to me and grabbed my right arm.

- We're leaving! He ordered.

- But Michael, I said. I really wanted to kiss him, to touch his skin even if it was the last time I ever saw him.

- You will never see him again! Said Alexander with a voice full of anger.

I began to cry. I knew that I would never see Michael again, but hearing Alexander saying that made me feel even worse. Suddenly, he raised me in his arms and headed towards the edge of the roof.

- Put me down, now! I ordered, but he didn't listen to me.

I began to panic. Is he going to kill me, now? Well, maybe this is the best thing that could happen. I am a freak, and I don't even deserve to be alive. He slowly got even closer to the edge. I began to feel scared. What the hell is wrong with me? I never was afraid of dying. Why am I feeling so scared now? And before I could think of the cause of my stress, Alexander ordered:

- Hold tight if you don't want to fall!

- What are you doing?

- What do you mean? We're leaving!

- I know, but why are you going near the edge?

- I'm going to jump of course! He answered with a very calm voice.

- Ohhh, of course, I said without realising what he just told me. What?!? Are you crazy? We're on the roof of the building!

He chuckled and said with a teasing tone.

- Well, that's why I told you to hold tight.

- Wait! You can't possibly be serious! Why don't we use the door and the stairs? I suggested.