Bloody dreams 13 (edited)

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca

CHAPTER XIII

FEAR

ALEXIA'S POV

I don't want to be lost in the dark. Not anymore…

That’s what I told myself as soon as I opened my eyes and saw that I was all alone in the hospital room.

That was my chance to leave so I looked around making sure that there was no one there. I tried to open the door, but it was closed so I looked around the room and I saw a small knife on the table near the bed. After a couple of minutes, I finally managed to open the door, verifying that there was nobody on the hallway either.

'Where is the exit?' I desperately asked myself without being able to understand where I was and why I was in that place.

As I walked on the hallway, I suddenly heard a door opening. I hided in another room and listen carefully. Whoever was out there left as soon as it came so I ran on the hallway feeling the cold floor under my bare feet. I ran until I saw the staircase because I wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. I descended a few stairs when I saw that someone was coming up.

'No, damn it!'

I didn't want to go back into my room. That was for sure so I decided to climb the stairs until I found a door. I was now on the roof of the building. Hearing that someone was after me I quickly closed the door behind me and ran on the roof. I couldn't escape anywhere. I was near the edge of the building. Looking over the edge I saw that it was too high to jump. There were at least four floors and all I could see around was a never ending forest. How am I going to run away from here? I asked myself.

'I'm scared! I want to go home'.  

Suddenly I heard a powerful noise. Someone broke the door. I ran towards the edge of the roof, thinking only about the fact that I had to get away from there. Looking towards the door I instantly recognized the three guys, Paul, Aaren and Leo. As soon as I saw them I began crying, frustrated because I couldn't run away and feeling scared of them in the same time.

'Who are they and what do they want from me?'

“Stay away from me!” I screamed to them.

“Alexia, what are you doing?” Paul asked confused, seeming… afraid for my safety. 

“Why did you bring me here? Do you intend to kill me?” I asked with a trembling voice.

“No! Of course not! How could you think something like that?” Paul asked while trying to come closer.

“Don't get any closer or...or I will jump off the building. I swear to God, I will!” I threatened.

“Just, calm down! Ok? We will never harm you. We want to protect you!” Aaren said.

“Who asked you to protect me and why? I don't understand. I'm just a normal human girl. I'm not rich, I'm not royalty and I don't have enemies” I tried to explain.  

'At least I don't think I have' I said to myself.

 “Just leave me alone! Please!” I begged.

“I'm sorry, but we can't do that. Look, I'm going to call Michael to come here too and we will talk then, ok? Just come inside and we will talk there” Paul said.  

“You keep me here against my will. I don't want to come inside. Just leave me alone!” I screamed again.

Leo tried to move towards me, with an inhuman speed. Even if he was very fast I could see his movements and turned around to jump. As I was about to do the last step, I heard someone’s order.