Vampire blood XXXIV

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca 

ID 8389919 

ISBN: 978-1-4457-0390-9  

Lulu publishing

CHAPTER XXXIV

ALEXANDER'S POV

I woke up on a cold floor, after a dreamless sleep. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around me, quickly scanning my surroundings. I was lying on my back on the marble floor of a huge lounge. My last memory of the events that took place before I woke up was the excruciating pain. Then, nothing else, only blackness... As I slowly recovered, trying to adjust my eyes with the blackness surrounding me, the single thing my mind registered was the coldness of the ground, even if my skin temperature is low as well. My body hurt, a lot and I knew I had to escape, so I tried to move, but I couldn't. The only thing I could feel was the cold iron chains on my wrists and around my neck. They chained me to the ground like some kind of animal. I will kill these bastards when I put my hands on them.

I didn't know what happened with Alexia, Henry or Vincent, and that made me even more agitated than before. I tried to escape, but the iron chains wouldn't break. "Fuck!" I said to myself. If they hurt Alexia I will rip their heads off. If only I feed. Damn it! I knew I had to drink some blood as soon as possible, or my wounds won't heal as quickly as they should. And I have to escape from here and find out where is Alexia! If they hurt her I will kill them for sure.

Thinking about this possibility of them hurting her I felt my blood boiling in my veins, making me even more agitated than before. How did I get in such a situation? Being one of the most powerful pureblood vampires, I never was defeated before. How could I let something like this to happen?

"I see you're awake", said a voice behind me, making me react instantly. How did he get so close without a sound? I didn't feel him or smell him. How did he do that?

I tried to get on my feet and face this guy, but the chains kept me on the floor. All I could do was to release a loud and terrifying growl from the deepness of my chest.

"Ohhh...scary!" said the guy, laughing.

I struggled to escape, but I couldn't. My body was too weak because of my wounds and the blood loss.

Seeing my struggle, he laughed again, walking towards me. Now I could hear the way his footsteps echoed on the marble floor. My body tensed as soon as he came closer to me. I tried again to break the chains, but I only managed to make my wrists bleed, the iron chains going deeper into my skin.

As soon as he came closer to me, leaning towards me I looked at him with hate in my eyes, releasing my power, pushing him back into a wall behind him. I knew the intensity of the attack was not enough to really hurt him, but I had to try. That made him angry. Almost instantly he was over me, pulling me by my hair again.

"Listen well you bloodsucker! You are not a match for someone like me! You should be happy that you are still alive. If it wasn't for my granddaughter, you would be dead now!" he said through clenched teeth, narrowing his eyes.

What? Wait a second! Did he just said 'granddaughter'? Who the hell is this guy?

"Who the hell are you and what do you want from Alexia?" I asked with venom in my words.

"I'm Ahriman, her grandfather." He said looking deep into my eyes. His stare was so intense and cold that I felt a shiver down my spine and my blood instantly froze in my veins only hearing his name. I've heard his name before. Damian, my father told me about him. Ahriman was initially an ancient human warrior from a clan which lived on the face of the Earth in the 7th century after Christ. The legend says that he drank, by his own choice, the blood of a demon, becoming immortal. But the price for such an action was the fact that he sold his soul to the evil forces. Loosing his soul made him emotionless and cruel. That's why, during his long existence, he killed thousands of humans and vampires without regret in the endless battles he provoked in order to satisfy his thirst for blood and power.