Vampire blood XIV

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca

ID 8389919

ISBN: 978-1-4457-0390-9

Lulu publishing

CHAPTER XIV

MICHAEL'S POV

She slowly came closer and closer to me, looking straight into my eyes. She wasn't scared of me, even if she knew I am a vampire. She wasn't scared, even if Leo and Aaren attacked her?!? I can't believe it!

- I don't want you to suffer anymore! You can have it, she whispered.

I looked at her. What is she saying? She just offered me her blood? I couldn't believe it! The smell of her blood was making me crazy. I couldn't stand it anymore. I caught her into my arms. I couldn't stay away of her anymore. I wanted her blood so bad. I began smelling the blood from her wrist, where she cut herself. I licked the red warm liquid which trickled on her hand and, before I even knew it I bit her wrist. The perfume of her blood was nothing compared to its taste which was simply addicted. I could hear Paul screaming:

- No, Michael, stop it! No! Paul kept screaming.

But I couldn't stop anymore. I craved for her blood since she was just a child. I didn't want to stop now, when I received what I wanted the most: her blood. She didn't fight me at all. Isn't she scared of me? Doesn't she want to run away? All of a sudden, I felt her free arm going around me. Did she do what I think she did? What the hell?!? Did she just embrace a vampire who is sucking her blood? Her action made me stop sucking the blood from her wrist. All I wanted now was to hold her tight into my arms and never let go of her. But the smell of her blood was too much to handle for a hungered vampire as me. Without knowing, my instincts overtook my reason and I couldn't stop myself. I needed more! Much more! So, I began licking her neck. Paul tried to stop me, but before he could get to us I used my power against him. He hit the ground, so hard, that he couldn't move for a while. Alexia saw what happened and she screamed his name. I didn't like it at all. I wanted her to think only at me and to still hold me into her warm arms. I never felt so good in all my life. I was used with the coldness and darkness of my world, the world that surrounded me since I was just a child. I was used being alone in the most terrifying places. But the warmth of her body against mine didn't let me think. I could still feel the warmth of her blood on my mouth, going through my veins. I definitely didn't want her to think at Paul or any other guy.

- Don't scream the name of another man! I said, holding her tight into my arms. You're mine and I don't want to share you with anybody, I said.

I never had someone to care about me. In my world there wasn't time for love. In that moment all I wanted was to hold her in my arms. The need was unbearable now. My body was screaming for her blood. And, before she could say anything else I bit her neck. The unbelievable need made me be harsher than I should. She was in pain. I could tell by her reaction at my bite. She tried to escape, but she couldn't. She stopped struggling and laughed a little. She laughed?!? How can she laugh now? Her pulse became weaker and weaker. I knew that I will kill her if I continue sucking her blood. All I could hear now were Paul's screams. Alexia didn't move or couldn't move again. Her body was becoming weak. And, before I could kill her, she whispered:

- Finally...free.

I tried to stop sucking her blood. All I could feel now was the fear that I could lose her for ever. I don't want to lose her. She's the warmth that I need for my cold soul. Maybe that is why Damian told me to take care of her. I slowly stopped sucking her blood. I licked her neck, on the bite mark. Paul came closer. I suddenly tightened my arms around her and growled looking towards him. Just like a five year old boy, I didn't want to do that. I kept her in my arms and growled if Paul tried to get any closer. After a couple of minutes, Paul stopped trying to get any closer. I began to lick her blood on the same spot, when I heard Paul saying.

- Michael, just let go of her! You're hurting her, said Paul. Do you want to kill her?

I looked at her and saw that she was unconscious and didn't move at all. I could hear her heart beats. She wasn't dead. I looked at her body, understanding for the first time what I had done. I harmed the only person in the world that I had to protect. She could die!

- Paul!

In a minute Paul was beside me, but he didn't talk with me. He was obviously angry because of what I did, but he didn't say a word.

- We have to take her inside.

- Is she going to live?

- I don't know! Why did you do that, Michael? You could have stopped. Do you want to kill her? Why? Didn't we decide to protect her and respect Damian's last wish?

I didn't have an argument. He was right. He had every reason in the world to be angry. So, I didn't say a word. My silence made him even angrier. He suddenly stopped and said:

- I'm taking her from here!

- I can carry her! I said hoping that he would let me do it. But Paul wasn't going to let me near her again, because of what I did.

- I know you can, but you will not enter into her room for a while, he said, waiting me to give him Alexia. I didn't want to, but I knew that Paul will take care of her. So, I decided to do what he told me.

He entered with her into the lab, leaving me alone on the hallway. What have I done? What if she's going to die? After a couple of minutes Leo and Aaren came inside the building. They remembered all. Their excuse was that they weren't pure bloods and didn't have the same control as I did, or I supposed to have. After all, it was me who ended hurting her. Even so, they didn't say one single word to me, because they felt ashamed because of what they did as well as I felt. So, we waited in silence for a couple of hours until Paul came out from the lab. I looked at him, hoping his news to be good, but he said:

- I'm sorry. She's dying. I can't do anything. She lost too much blood.

- Can't you make her a transfusion?

- Her body doesn't accept normal human blood, even if it's the same blood-group.

No, it can't be true. She can't die, at least not because of me. I have to do something!

- I will give her my blood! I said.

- Could this work? Asked Aaren. Please, Paul, can't you do something?

- Come with me, Michael! I will try my best!

I followed him into the lab. He took a test-tube with her blood and, with a special syringe took a little of my blood. He then mixed it with Alexia's in order to see the reaction. But nothing happened.

- I'm sorry Michael, but it doesn't mix. It won't save her.

He turned around to get out of the room, but then something happened. Her blood reacted to mine.

- Paul, something's happening! Look!

Paul quickly turned around and looked at the microscope to see the reaction. Her blood began multiplying at an incredible speed, reacting to my blood. It was like an immunity reaction to my own blood. Her blood had the instruments needed to prevent vampire blood to take control over the body.

- Do you see that? He whispered. I've never seen something like this before. It's amazing.

- How much time do we have?

- Not much!

- Let's do it then! I ordered.

Paul prepared the transfusion and, in less than 15 minutes he connected our hands. I'm not going to let you die! I said to myself. You will live even if I have to give you all of my blood in order to save you. I swear it!

PAGE

PAGE 3