Bloody dreams 9 (edited)

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca

CHAPTER IX

OVERPROTECTIVE LEO

MICHAEL'S POV

After almost four hours of ride we got to Paul's clinic. It was situated in the middle of the country, isolated in a mountain area, near Bran castle. Paul had lived alone for many years and studied medicine. So, after many years he decided to open a private clinic, away from the public eyes, where he could continue his research on vampires.

I trust him and I know for sure that he would do anything to find the cause of Alexia's reaction towards me. She didn't wake up all the way here. Her face is so calm, her skin is even whiter than usually and her pulse is still weak. If I didn't hear her heart beats I could swear she was dead. I've never seen such a white skin to a human during my entire existence.

As soon as Leo parked the car, Aaren was already outside, opening my door so I could come out with Alexia. I was gently holding her in my arms as I followed Paul towards the clinic’s entrance. We took her to the third floor in an isolated room, so no one could come closer without us finding out. The room had a special eye scanning and imprinting system on the outside the door so nobody could enter inside her room.

I put her gently on the bed, her long hair spreading all over the pillow.

“Paul, what's wrong with her? Why doesn't she wake up? If it wasn't for her breathing, I could swear she was dead. I mean, look at her skin… She's so white and cold. That's not normal for a human…” I tried to explain.

“She's not a normal human after all, so we can't compare her to other humans. Stay here, I have to call for a nurse to undress her” Paul suddenly informed us. He seemed a little tired and annoyed probably because of the fact that he was used to have all the answers. I’m sure that he couldn’t stand to wait for the blood results in order to identify the cause of her health issues.

“Paul, we can't let a nurse see she's here. We can't trust anyone, especially now that Alexander is after her” I stated confused by his decision.

“So, what do you suggest we do then?” Paul asked obviously annoyed by my statement.

“We undress her!” Aaren said smirking.

I knew that there wasn't another option, so I decided to let Paul call the nurse. I couldn't undress her. I mean I could, but I didn't want to do it. I can't see her naked, that's for sure.

“Call the nurse!” I said to Paul making my way out of the room.

I was on the corridor when I saw two nurses coming down the hallway heading towards her room. One of them was blonde and tall and the other one, brown haired and a little shorter than the first. They were humans, so I hope that our little secret will be safe. Leo didn't want to get out of the room. His behavior towards Alexia was very obsessive I could say. After he saw that she's unconscious he doesn’t want to get away from her not even for a minute.

“Get out Leo!” Paul ordered, obviously annoyed because of Leo's behavior. Let's just leave the nurses alone with her.

“To hell! I'm not going to let two complete strangers alone in the room with her. So stop telling me what to do! I'll stay here, whether you like it or not” Leo shouted, right before the nurses got into the room.

“Please, could you wait outside, until we change her clothes?” one of the nurses asked.

Paul and Aaren were already outside. With Leo was a totally different story.