Vampire blood XXII

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca

ID 8389919

ISBN: 978-1-4457-0390-9

Lulu publishing

CHAPTER XXII

ALEXIA'S POV

I watched Alexander as he quickly got out of the car. He talked with another vampire who gave him a bottle with a thick dark red liquid inside. Alexander gladly took it and drank it in an instant. That was blood! I mentally screamed. Oh my god! He wanted to bit me earlier? Why would he do something like that? I asked myself, trying to understand what just happened.

He looked at me, with a very worried expression on his face, but didn't come back into the car. I could tell he was going to drive his sport car. So, he doesn't want to be near me... I told myself. I guess I should be happy, but, for some unknown reason, I wasn't. I don't know why and I surely can't explain it. I thought that I really hated this entire wild world in which I felt trapped without my permission. My life changed so much in the last few days. I don't know who I am anymore and my confusion makes me feel emotionally unstable.

After another couple of minutes, the other vampire got in. I quickly moved on the back seat of the car. I didn't want him close to me. At least with Alexander I felt safe, even if I knew he was an arrogant pureblood, a bloodthirsty and a very powerful vampire. I didn't really care. This other young man was making me feel uncomfortable. I don't even know him, but it is said that you made a first impression about a person in only 90 seconds, and even if it could be a subjective one, it was very difficult to change it. Let's just say that I had an intuition that never failed me and I definitely didn't like this guy.

As soon as he entered in the car, he looked at me, but didn't say one word. Maybe that's what Alexander told him to do. I'm not sure about anything anymore. He turned the car engine on and soon enough we left, following Alexander's car, who, by the way was driving like crazy.

After another couple of hours of awkward silence, I really couldn't take it anymore. I felt tired, I was really hungry and I really needed to go to a bathroom. I didn't want to sleep in the car with an unknown vampire. The food was out of question. So, I decided that the most important right now was to solve my third problem. In the end I had to be the one to broke the silence, speaking for the first time with the new driver, in an attempt to be as nice as possible.

- Excuse me, could you stop the car?

- No, he said and then he ignored me. That made me really mad. I mean who the hell does he think he is? Even Alexander speaks way better with me than this guy. Even so, I didn't want to argue with him so I decided to use the persuasive way of talking.

- I really need to go to a bathroom, so please, could you stop the car? I weakly asked.

He looked at me in the mirror, narrowing his eyes and he slowly stopped the car. The other cars stopped as well. I opened the door and quickly got out of the car without knowing what I was doing. I didn't expect to feel so dizzy. After so many hours, my body was stiff and I was feeling really weak. I tried to stand, but my legs gave way. I am sure I was going to fall, but, before I could harm myself, someone caught me in his arms. It was the driver. He looked at me with a very serious expression on his face, but I was sure I saw something more in his dark coloured eyes.

Suddenly a car stopped near us and I recognised it immediately. It was Alexander's car. He got out and quickly came to us. He looked at me with a worried expression on his face. He probably didn't like what he saw, because his eyes moved to the driver's eyes, looking really angry. The driver bowed.

- What happened? He asked the driver through clenched teeth, looking him in the eyes.

- I'm sorry your highness. The human girl has to go to a bathroom, he said.