Vampire blood XXI

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca

ID 8389919

ISBN: 978-1-4457-0390-9

Lulu publishing

CHAPTER XXI

ALEXANDER'S POV

How can she hide her thoughts? How can she resist my powers? Even if I try my best to find more about her, I can't. That's so frustrating for someone like me. I never met someone like her before. She speaks a lot, but in the same time, I can't seem to manage to find out what I really want. There've been a few hours since we left Paul's clinic. I think we're getting near Timisoara now. I have to get her out of the country as soon as possible. Someone with a blood as powerful as her has to stay under the protection of the Council. Otherwise she could be used against us, and that's not an eligible option.

Now she's finally asleep. She tried to stay awake, but I guess she's just too tired. I decided that I should take her into the other car, so she could sleep more comfortable. I slowly stopped the car, looking in the left mirror of the car, to be sure that the others were behind me. As soon as they stopped their cars as well, I got out of the car and talked with Eric, one of my men.

- What happened? He asked me.

- She's asleep, so, I'm moving her into the RX.

Eric just nodded. I turned around and headed towards my car. I opened the right door of the car and unlocked her seat belt. She moved a little, but didn't wake up. I looked at her. She is even more beautiful when she's sleeping. Her skin is white as milk; her eyelashes are so long and thick. My eyes quickly followed her cheek down to her beautiful lips of her small mouth. How would it feel to kiss her soft pink lips, to explore her warm mouth with my tongue? I banished these thoughts putting my left arm under her back and the other one under her legs, lifting her carefully. She moved and said 'I don't want to'. I laughed a little. Well that was a new interesting thing about her. She was talking in her sleep. I took her out of the car and headed towards the Lexus RX that I brought with me only for her comfort. As I walked with her in my arms, I could feel the warmth of her body through my clothes. Her heart beats were slow and rhythmic and the smell of her blood was making me crazy. Eric opened the door of the car so I could put her inside. I gently put her on the back seat of the car, but what I saw simply ruined my happy mood. On the left side of her neck I saw two small red holes and I immediately knew what they were. Some other vampire bit her. As soon as I put my finger over the mark on her skin she began to move uncomfortably, like she was in pain. That meant that Michael was the one that bit her, because that's the only way my touch was making her feel pain. She moved her hand and I saw another mark. On the wrist of her left hand she had a long red line and two other small red holes. I could feel my anger building up in me and going at an incredible level. What did he do to her? I knew I should have killed him. She was shaking a little, so I put a soft blanket over her, so she wasn't cold anymore.

- Eric, could you drive my car? I asked him. I didn't want to leave her alone in the car, so I decided to drive the car.

- Of course! Said Eric and headed towards my sport car.

We all left soon after that. It's a long way until we get to Greece and we'll take the plane from there. I really hope that Michael won't follow us. After another couple of hours, my phone rang. It was Michael's phone number. I didn't want to answer him, but I decided to do it, only because I was still pissed about the fact that he bit her.

- What do you want? I asked with obvious venom in my voice.

- Where are you? He asked me.

- You are not in the position to ask me anything!

- If you hurt her in any way I will kill you! He threatened me.

- How dare you threaten me! You bit her, Michael! How could you?

- Where is she? Asked Michael ignoring my question.

- She's safe, away from you!

- Yeah, sure, like you are some kind of fucking saint, he said obvious venom in his words. I want to talk with her now, he ordered.

- I'm sorry, Michael, but it won't happen.

- Just let me talk with her! He screamed in my ear.

- I don't think so! I said. Just stay away from her!

- If you lay your hands on her, I'll kill you!

- You are not in the position to threaten me. You were the real danger for her.

Suddenly I heard a noise behind me.

- Are you talking with Michael, asked Alexia? I want to talk with him!

- It won't happen! I told her.

- Is there Alexia? I want to talk with her! Ordered Michael.

- Please, Alexander, she said, but I definitely didn't want to let her talk with Michael ever again.

- Goodbye, Michael, I said and hung up the phone, before he could say anything else.

- No, screamed Alexia and tried to take the phone from my hand. She jumped over me in her attempt to take my phone. I stopped the car and caught her tightly in my arms.

- Why do you want to talk with him, I yelled at her? Didn't he was the one that made you this, I said, pointing to the scar on her neck.

- It's none of your business, she yelled. Why don't you kill me already? What did I do to deserve this, she said, crying?

I pulled her at my chest and stroke her hair in a calming way. She continued to cry. I gently lifted her chin and looked into her green sparkling emerald eyes. The tears were making her eyes look even more beautiful and, before I even knew, I kissed her. She stayed completely still, obviously in shock. After a couple of seconds, she began to struggle to escape from my grip, but I didn't intend to let her go just yet. I gently licked her lower lip, asking for entrance, but she didn't open her mouth. She continued to struggle to escape, even if she knew she didn't have any chance to fight me. The taste of her lips was something I never felt before. I began to kiss her cheek, slowly going from her jaw to her neck.

- Don't! Stop! She whispered, obviously scared, but I couldn't stop anymore.

I ignored her and continued to kiss her neck. Before I knew it, I began to lick her soft and fragrant skin. Her heart beats began to intensify, making me even thirstier than I already was. I could feel her heart beats under my lips, pulsing, making me shiver with desire. I pulled her even closer to me. I licked her again, but, when I was ready to bite her, I heard someone beat on the glass. My head cleared instantly and I slowly let go of her, getting out of the car.

- Are you ok? Asked Eric, obviously worried.

- Yeah, thanks! I couldn't believe I almost bit her. What the hell is happening to me? I am a pureblood vampire. I never should react like that towards a human, even if she smells so damn fucking good.

- I have some blood stored in the car, said Eric.

I just nodded and he opened the trunk of one of the cars and gave me the bottle. I drank it in an instant. It calmed me down a little, even if it wasn't enough to make me forget the way her blood was pulsing under my lips. I didn't think I could get anywhere near her in the next few hours so I decided to drive my sport car and let Eric drive Alexia's car. She looked confused towards me, but I tried my best to look away, so I wouldn't be tempted to attack her again.

PAGE

PAGE 3