Vampire blood XXVIII

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca

ID 8389919

ISBN: 978-1-4457-0390-9

Lulu publishing

CHAPTER XXVIII

ALEXANDER'S POV

After a couple of minutes of waiting, I heard a scream. I knew it was Alexia's and in an instant my body tensed, my hands squeezed into fists, my blood boiled and I was ready to kill Eric in the blink of an eye. In fact, I'm sure I would have already killed him if he was in front of me. How dare he defy me? How dare he?

My vision became blurry and all I could see in front of me was only blackness and blood. My senses were sharpened, even more than I ever thought it could ever be possible.

In just a few seconds my fury built up inside me making me become a soulless dark creature who only wanted death and blood, the death and the blood of my own kind.

Damn it! I am so stupid! I really thought I could run away from myself and never allow me to feel something for her. But now, when I was put in such a situation I could understand the stupidity of my behaviour. I had to finally admit the fact that my existence would never be the same. She, such a breakable creature, managed to make me lose myself during the trip towards a different future. I'll never be able to go back. I will never be the same.

I thought that being a vampire was the best thing that ever happened to me. But I was so wrong. She made me question my existence, my way of living and even my identity. She changed me in a way that I could never believe it to be possible.

I never felt something that a human could feel and I definitely never thought that I was capable of such feelings. I always thought that I was just a dark monster, a creature of the night that killed for the essence of his life, for the red liquid which could keep him alive. I definitely never thought that someone like me could be capable of such trivial feelings as...love.

No! No, that can't be possible! A cruel and bloody monster like me will never be anything else. I've accepted that part of me long ago, when I was just a child. I accepted it because that's who I am and I can't change it. I've always swallowed the tears which could never fall from my eyes, accepting the sad and cruel future I was meant to have by birth. But she, she managed to destroy, in such a short time, all my trust and all my confidence built up inside of me during the past decades. How can that be even possible?

What have you done Damian? Who is this girl? Who is she? Hearing her scream made me feel a huge hole in my stomach which threatened to painfully kill me from inside.

Sensing my mood and the blackness of my demonic aura, Henry was by my side in less than a second, putting his right hand on my shoulder in an attempt to calm me down or to restrain me, or maybe both. I don't know which the truth was. My mind was making a huge effort to keep up with all the overwhelming contradictory feelings that built up inside my body in just a few seconds. My vision was still one of a predator ready to sadistically kill all the vampires around me. It didn't matter anymore that they were my kind. It didn't matter anymore that I knew them since I was just a child. And it didn't even matter anymore that some of them were my friends. Nothing else mattered, only the fury and anger which poisoned me quickly and painfully from inside.

Just a few more seconds passed away and Eric entered in the meeting room holding Alexia over his shoulder. She was struggling to escape, screaming at him to put her down, her voice cracking at the end of the sentence.

My body tensed even more, Henry's hold becoming rigid and strong. I could tell he was ready to restrain me at any moment if anything went bad. I hope he could, because if I lost myself I will surely kill without thinking to make the difference between good and bad. What the hell is happening with me? My mind is changing. My senses are developing at an incredible speed; my blood boils in my long dried veins, making me change. How is that even possible?