Vampire blood XVII

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca

ID 8389919

ISBN: 978-1-4457-0390-9

Lulu publishing

CHAPTER XVII

ALEXIA'S POV

It's so dark; I almost can't see two meters away. Where am I? As soon as I thought that, the lights turned on. I could see I was on a street in the city, but it wasn't a known area. I'm sure I never was here. Suddenly I saw a group of teenagers. There were four girls, all laughing and walking slowly on the street. They were talking about Ann, one of the girls. She was going to meet her boyfriend on that night. The little girl had black long hair, which hang to her middle. Her light blue eyes and her small mouth with pale pink lips were making her look very childish. I tried to move towards them to ask them where I was, but I couldn't. My feet didn't want to move. I tried to scream, but nothing came out. I was hopeless. I couldn't move or speak at all. So, I just waited there. A car stopped next to the girls. There were two boys who got out of the car.

- Ok, Ann, we're leaving! Are you sure you are ok?

- Yeah, sure, I have to meet Matt. So, don't worry about me! Said the girl.

- Ok, see you tomorrow at school! You have to tell us everything tomorrow!

- Ok, ok! Said Ann laughing. I promise!

The other three girls got into the car and left with the two boys, leaving Ann alone. She tried to move a little. I guess she was feeling cold. After all she was wearing only a silk dress and tonight was so cold. Suddenly something moved in the shadows. 'Hello' said Ann. 'Is there anybody here?' Nobody answered, but I could see that there was someone in the shadows. I tried to scream to the girl to run, but I couldn't speak. She heard another noise and turned around. Someone hit her so fast that I couldn't exactly see what happened. One second the girl was on the street and on the other second she hit the wall behind her with a cracking sound. She was bleeding, her pink dress becoming red all of a sudden. I struggled to move, but I couldn't. I had no other option than stay there and watch. Ann was on the ground, heavy bleeding, but she didn't faint. She looked towards her attacker, with obvious fear on her face. She tried to scream, but the tall young man, was instantly by her side. He put a hand over her mouth. She couldn't scream anymore. She struggled to get free of his grasp, but she was just too badly wounded. She didn't have a chance against him. He picked her up and turned around so I could see his face. Then I recognised his black hair and dark black eyes. He was the man of my other nightmares. My eyes widen in surprise. I tried to move again. I wanted to help the girl, but I couldn't move. Why is this happening? I began crying and tried to scream to him to stop. 'Don't kill her!' He looked at me, smiling, he moved her long hair out of the way and bit her neck. Her eyes widen when she felt the pain. She wanted to escape, to run away, but she couldn't move or scream. He was just too strong for her. He kept sucking her blood, until she didn't move at all. I tried to beg him to stop. I was crying, feeling how she didn't deserve that. She didn't do anything bad. He looked at me all the time. I wanted to kill him because of what he was doing, but I couldn't. I looked at her. She stopped struggling. Slowly, her beautiful blue eyes lost their brightness. She looked at me as if she could see me, and slowly, very slowly, she died in his arms. I was terrified. I couldn't do anything. He suddenly let go of her lifeless body. He never took his eyes of me and he began smiling a sadistic and evil smile. I hate him so much. How could he do something like that? I was still crying. I almost couldn't see him through my tears. He began to come towards me. I still couldn't move, even if I tried. 'You know you can speak now!', he said coming closer to me. His deep and low voice took me by surprise, but I understood that I could speak. So, I began screaming at him. 'How could you do something like that?' He laughed, making me really angry now. He sensed my mood and decided to answer my question. 'I'm a vampire. That's my nature, to hunt and kill'. 'No, why did you do that? You could have drunk donated blood or something like that. Why did you have to kill her? She was so beautiful and young. She definitely didn't deserve to die this way. She was so happy. Why did you do it?' I screamed. He came closer to me, until he was just one meter away. He smelled so good. What am I thinking? Am I crazy or what? He looked into my eyes so intensely, like he wanted to enter into my mind, to read my thoughts, but he couldn't. So, after a while, he decided to talk again. 'Donated blood or animals' blood could never satisfy my thirst. I am a hunter. I like to catch my own prey' he said. 'Why did you show me that? Why did you kill her? She didn't deserve to die' I said again. He looked at me and made another step. He was now right in my face. I tried to not be afraid. Slowly, he raised his hand towards me. I began to panic and tried to move away from him, but I still couldn't. I wanted to close my eyes, but I didn't want to be a coward. So I looked him straight in the eyes. He seemed a little confused and surprised because of my reaction. He slowly touched my cheek. I could feel his cold fingers on my face. I wanted to get away from him. He's making me feel weak and scared. He looked at me all the time, touching my skin. 'Don't touch me!' I said. He ignored my request and continued touching me. 'So, do you want to know why I killed her?' He asked me. I didn't answer and waited for his answer. He smiled a little and said. 'It's all your fault that I killed her!' His answer took me by surprise. 'What are you talking about?' I was really pissed now. I began moving a little. 'How dare you say something like that, you blood sucking monster?' He got angrier and caught my arm. 'Let go of me!' But he didn't listen to me. His grip was painful. 'Listen to me!' he said shaking me a little. 'If you don't tell me where you are I'm going to kill another girl, and another, and another one, each night, until you tell me where you are!' 'I'm not telling you anything!' I screamed. 'Let go of me! Who do you think you are to order me what to do!' 'Do you want to have on your consciousness their death? Fine by me!' he said through clenched teeth. 'But remember that I will make sure you see every single one of my victims. I will haunt your dreams until you can't take it anymore!' 'Why are you doing this? What do you want from me? I don't understand.' I said, looking to the ground. He raised my head, making me to look into his cold black eyes. 'You have to be by my side! Michael isn't strong enough to handle your powers. You have to be with me, even if you don't want to!' 'Just stay away from me! Michael is a lot better than you! He protected me and tried to understand me. You are so different, so evil. You are used to get everything you want by force. Well, you can't have me! So, stop trying already! Damian chose Michael. Why can't you accept it?' He narrowed his eyes and growled at me, trying to make me obey, but I didn't intend to do what he wanted. I will talk with Michael in order to find a way to help the people. We had to find a way to stop this monster. 'You can't run away from me! You can't escape! You are just a human, so don't talk about Damian! You know nothing about our world.' 'Maybe, but I can try to defeat you.' Now I was so calm. He looked really angry and tried to hold me even tighter, but something made him stop. He just looked at me, and let go of my arm, but not before saying. 'Tonight I will kill another girl, and with every night you make me wait, their death will be more painful. Don't try to play games with me, little girl! You can't run away from me!'