CHAPTER #43

Adam and Christina only had New Year's Day to relax. Then on January 2nd, he was in LA at The Grove filming an EXTRA segment.  Christina was in LA also, but had rehearsal at the Nokia Centre. She was performing her song Blank Page, from her new album Lotus, at the 2013 People's Choice Awards.  She couldn't seem to get through the song without tearing up.

"Sorry guys, one more time. How's the sound at the back of the room?" Christina asked the sound guy.

"Everything's good," he replied.

Adam called her before he started filming.  "How are you holding up? Make it through your song without crying yet?"

"No.  But it's great that you called," his voice soothed her and gave her strength.

"Instead of thinking about what the song is about, picture something else in your mind. Like singing it on auto pilot," he suggested.

"For sound check that might work, but live it won't."

"But when you do it live, I'll be there.  You wrote it for me anyway.  Now that was great make up sex," Adam grinned, his smile in the tone of his voice.

Christina replied, "it turned into an awesome song.  I always say you inspire me."

They chatted a little longer and then parted when Adam got called to set. She managed to finish the sound check, with no more tears. Their schedules meant neither would see each other until the night of the award's show. She had to be there early for the press, but Adam walked the red carpet with his band mate James Valentine.  Neither knew where the other was seated, but both felt the other in the room. She found him first.

'Love the plaid shirt under your suit. You went with the shinier one, just like Valentine.' Christina texted.

'Thought that would make you smile. I can't always be sexy hot.' Adam teased.

'You're such an ass.  And yes it's a sexy ass.' Christina replied.

'What are you wearing?'

'You'll see soon enough.  I'm surprised the fans didn't storm the red carpet and rip off all your clothes.'

Adam laughed, 'you'd like that wouldn't you.'

'It's one way to make fashion headlines.' She grinned as she typed.

'When do you hit the stage?' Adam asked via text.

'Alicia Keys goes first, then Jason Aldean and then I'm up.' Christina replied.

'Think we'll win anything?'

'You'll win for Favourite  Band for sure. Maybe for Favourite Album and video.'

Adam liked the answer, 'I knew there was a reason I loved you.'

The texting ended when he and Jason went up on stage for winning favourite band. Adam accepted the award, "holy crap thank you!"

Christina loved his reaction. She used her phone and took a few pictures. The fans close to the stage went crazy, as she knew they would.  Of course the guys acknowledged them. They went back stage to answer questions and pose for photos. It was the usual drill, like at any awards show.

Eventually they were able to return to their seats.

The lights dimmed and then Christina was centre stage.  She sang with emotion, but not so much that she cried. It was a breath taking performance and she once again impressed people, both fans and fellow artists.  Adam was proud of her and they were both surprised when she received the special award for her achievements in the music industry.  It was the People's Voice award.