CHAPTER #18

Christina wanted today to be perfect. She left home early, so she could be at The Voice studio before anyone else arrived. Her fashion, make-up and hair crew were ready and waiting. They put her hair up, but allowed a few of the purple strands to fall from the top down. She was put into a dark purple bustier and black fitted suit jacket. Then she wore a tight black lace-up pencil skirt and her black heels. Her makeup crew kept to natural colours, with a little bit of silver and dusting of purple eyeshadow, to bring the look together. The black mascara lengthened her lashes and made her eyes pop. After adding the right accessories, her crew stood back to admire their work.

"You look sexy, with a classy but sassy undertone," one of them said.

"Thanks, it's exactly how I wanted it," Christina praised them all.

As she walked out to the stage, Cee-Lo saw her first and gave her a whistle and his bird Lady repeated it. "Wow honey, we both can't take our eyes off you."

"Awe thank you. We look good together, with your pastel green outfit. Let's go take some pictures in front of The Voice promotional sign," Christina suggested, when she didn't see Adam.

They did just that. Then they heard Adam and Blake joking around and went to join them. This was Christina's chance to stake her claim. But as she approached, a stage hand came forward and stopped her, he was carrying a big bouquet of flowers.

"These just came for you Christina. Here's the card."

Christina read to herself, 'you know you love me, stop fighting it. Together forever.' It was unsigned. Thinking the flowers were from Adam, made what she was about to do just that much more better.

She walked up to him and Blake, took Adam by the neck and pulled his face down to her lips and gave him a long kiss. Blake, Cee-Lo and all the stage crew started cat calling.

"Holy Shit, what's going on today? Is something in the water?" Blake said in shock.

"That's thanks for these flowers," Christina said to Adam once she let him go.

He looked dazed and confused. "Ummm, I never sent you flowers."

"Then who?..."

The answer came with a phone call. "Hey baby, did you get the flowers I sent you?"

"Matt, we're over. Don't send me flowers or anything....NO! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" Christina yelled into her phone, hanging up on her ex. Then as the audience began to get seated she asked them, "anyone want a flower from me?" To every hand that went up, she gave them a flower.

It took Carson a while to get the audience to stop screaming, "I love you Christina!"

Adam had seen the flowers given to her and had been feeling jealous, until she had kissed him so intimately in front of everyone. But the mistake of who the flowers had been from, gave her an out. She looked fantastic and he texted her to say so, but also to make sure she was okay. She said she was fine, but asked if he would give her a ride home tonight. To him that meant she was worried that Matt might try approaching her in person.

"I knew you two were involved or something, being so nice to each other suddenly," Blake said quietly to Christina, who just winked back at him.

She didn't want to confirm or deny anything. It was now up to Adam what they wanted to reveal about their relationship. Flowers or no flowers, she'd kissed him on the mouth for everyone to see. And if she knew the stage crew, someone would be leaking it to the press. Christina wondered what kind of backlash there would be from Behati too.

Today for the battle rounds were from Cee-Lo's competitors. Both the guy and the girl gave a phenomenal rendition of Mariah Carey's 'Vision of Love.' It was really hard for him to pick who would go on. He listened to his fellow judges and finally made a decision.