CHAPTER #11

The month of June was crazy busy for Adam. He was working on music videos, performing the new single 'Payphone' with his band and playing sold out venues. He was also doing interviews on talk shows. On Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, he admitted that he was as big of a diva as Christina Aguilera, hence why they clashed on season two of The Voice TV show. He explained that they weren't fighting and that the media was blowing things out of proportion to sell their stories. He reminded viewers that they were both professionals and understood they had jobs to do when working with the Voice contestants. That put the rumours to rest. They then discussed Adam acting in American Horror Story and then finally Maroon 5's upcoming shows.

When he had a few spare minutes he'd call or text Christina. She was also busy, working on her new album that would be released later in the year. It wasn't until the end of June that Adam was back in town to promote season three of The Voice, with his fellow judges. Carson was with the four of them at an interview session on MTV. As usual, they all joked around including Carson. The interview was focused around season three changes and the live auditions. Also they had to pose for photos.

"Cee-Lo your bird just took a crap on my boot!" Blake said in disgust.

Adam howled with laughter, "even the bird is a fashion critic!"

"Birds are for eating, not for pets!" Blake said, using a napkin to wipe off the offensive deposit.

Christina giggled, "aww, poor bird! Big mean old Blake wants to eat you."

Cee-Lo grinned, "careful Blake or I'll teach it to make fun of you on live TV!"

"That would be priceless," Adam added.

Carson rolled his eyes, "no way, we have enough bird brains on this show with you four."

Everyone laughed. Then Blake looked at Christina, "I'm not an old man, I'm only 36!"

She replied, "caught that did you? Well I'm only 31."

Adam piped up, "I'm 33."

Cee-Lo grinned, "Blake's right I'm older than him at 38."

Frowning Carson added, "I guess that makes me the old man, I have you all beat. I'm 39."

Christina took pity on him, "at least you don't dress like an old fart."

"Speaking of farts...." Cee-Lo grinned devilishly.

"Oh gross!" Christina said gagging on the stench. "I'm out of here."

Adam followed, "wait for me. That one is so bad, you can taste it when you breath in. Dude, what did you eat?"

Blake and Carson were laughing, trying not to breath. The interviewer and photographer bolted for the door, when the smell came to strangle them.

When Adam and Christina were alone, he whispered to her "you look so sexy in business attire. I just want to push up your skirt and take you right here and now."

The image of that happening, made Christina blush. She ran her hand down his chest and over his crotch. She could feel his arousal pressing against his jeans. His hands glided down her back as he drew her closer, his breathing heavier as her hand caressed his crotch.

Adam kissed her hard, "I have to fly out tonight, but I don't want to. The band is on the Today Show at the Rockefeller Plaza."

Christina nodded in understanding, but couldn't hide her disappointment from her eyes. "I know, you're a busy man."

"And after that I have to stay in New York City, because of filming for the movie 'Can A song Save Your Life', so I'm not sure when I can make it back."