CHAPTER #21

Behati woke up with a headache from hell. She took a shower and put on the robe left for her. She didn't know where or whose house she was in. Going down the stairs, she noticed how over the top the decor was and how everything was pink. The colour made her want to puke again. She followed the delicious smell of coffee and came into a kitchen only to find Christina Aguilera and Adam Levine there.

"YOU! How could you do this to me!" Behati screamed, finally remembering why she'd been drinking in the first place.

Adam got up and Behati beat his chest with her fists, crying and calling him names. "Why? Why did you do this?" Then she sobbed and as she crumpled in his arms, he helped her to a chair.

Christina got up and gave her a mug of coffee. "We didn't mean for this to happen, it just did."

Behati was devastated and in shock, compounded by her hangover. She said nothing and just let the tears fall silently down her face. She took a gulp of coffee and then looked at Adam. "You said I wasn't a rebound after Anna. You lied!"

"I didn't lie. You weren't a rebound, I didn't expect Christina and I to get involved," Adam explained.

She wasn't ready to hear him, "everyone's right, you are a douche bag!"

Christina gave him a look and he shut up. Gently she asked, "do you remember anything about last night?"

"Oh God, am I all over the news? My career is over," Behati groaned.

"Christina saw you in time and got you off the street. That's why you're here at her house," Adam explained.

"I know how important image is for a career in media. For modelling it is even more so," Christina added.

Behati wanted to hate them both, but she couldn't. "Why didn't you just let me go down in flames? Anna would have, so would a bunch of other people."

"I'm not Anna. Behati I don't want to hurt you or see you destroyed."

"What do you want from me?" The distraught model asked.

"Well it's funny that you should ask that. I want you to keep dating Adam."

"WHAT?" Adam and Behati said at the same time.

Christina smiled, "hear me out, both of you. While our show The Voice is on air, we've been asked to stay out of the media in regards to our developing relationship. It takes away from the participants of the show. So I'm willing to share if you two are."

Behati looked at her like she was crazy. "You want to share Adam? Like sexually?"

Christina smirked and winked at them both. "I was thinking that Behati stays at your side. Gets on camera being your girlfriend. It helps her stay in the spotlight and thus helps with her career advancement. Add agencies, the magazines, they all want to stay current with the hottest couples. Well you two are a hot couple." She paused and added, "if you want us to share Adam in more ways then that, we will see what happens."

Adam wanted to be shared in bed by them both at the same time. Any man would be stupid not to want that, but he said nothing. This was between Christina and Behati. What was being proposed could work.

"I don't know. I need time to think about this. God my head hurts," Behati said.

"Take this Advil and I'll refill your coffee. Want anything to eat?"

"Ugh food... no thanks. This coffee is so good. I love that hint of chocolate."

Christina gave her and Adam a moment alone. She went to get Behati's clothing from last night, now cleaned and dry. When she came back to the kitchen, Behati's tears had ended. "Here's your clothing, since nothing of mine really would fit you. Either it's to big around the waist or too short."

Behati nodded. "I wish you weren't so nice Christina. I want to to be mad at you, but I just can't."

"Thanks I think. After you change, Adam will take you home if you want. Or I can have my driver take you."

The overwhelmed model looked at her ex-boyfriend and sighed. "I think I'll go with your driver. I need ... a new head."

Adam grinned, "drink some Gatorade to rehydrate and take another Advil."

Christina called her driver. Behati went to the guest room to change into her clothing. From the railing she called downstairs. "Where's my purse?"

"You barfed in it twice. I manage to get your things out of it before that happened. The purse was destroyed, so I had it thrown out." Christina yelled. "Just pick a purse from the closet if you want."

Behati replied, "oh gross. Thanks for saving my stuff though." She opened the closet in the room and found a bunch of purses. A black Fendi handbag caught her eye. She recognized it as a 2010 styling. She used this to put her things into and then went down stairs. "I promise not to puke into this purse," she gave them a sad grin.

"My driver is waiting outside. Take care of yourself. When you're ready, let us know what you want to do," Christina suggested.

Adam took Behati into his arms for a hug and then kissed her on the mouth. He knew Christina understood his actions and wouldn't be mad. He hoped that Behati would stay in his life a little longer.