CHAPTER #10

Back in California at home, Christina was busy working on her new album. She didn't have a chance to make arrangements with Cee-Lo or Adam for Max's visit. Her son bugged her every day about it. Finally she had some free time and she took Max to see Cee-Lo. The cat was very patient with her son, even when he stroked its fur in the wrong direction.  Cee-Lo being a father himself, was very entertaining. He introduced her son to his season 3 of the Voice pet a Moluccan Cockatoo, named Lady. The bird was impressive, but Max preferred the cat and said so. Her fellow judge laughed, saying he appreciated their visit.

"Mommy when can I go play with Frankie? Adam said I could!" Max complained.

Christina sighed, she had hoped having the kitty visit, would make her son happy. "I will call Adam soon honey. He's been very busy with promoting his new album. He's been singing all over the place, him and his band."

"Oh. I miss him Mommy, don't you?" Max pouted.

She didn't want to admit it, but she really did. Christina wasn't ready yet to face the fact that she was falling for her fellow judge. For her, their encounters weren't just casual anymore. Especially when her son was involved. "Yes baby, I miss Adam and Frankie too."

When Christina wasn't looking, Max took her cell phone out of her purse. Then he walked into another room and called Adam's number. "Adam?"

Adam Levine answered his cell phone, "yes, who's this?" He asked not recognizing the little boy's voice on the other end and not having seen his caller id.

"It's me Max."

"How are you little buddy?" Adam asked gently, wondering what was going on.

"You promised I could play with Frankie."

"Yes I did, when I get home, I will invite you over."

Max knew he was being bad and using his mom's phone, but he didn't care. "Mommy and I miss you."

Adam was taken by surprise. The child was very direct, as most children were. "Is your mommy home? Can I talk to her?"

"No," Max said.

"No I can't talk to your mommy?" Adam asked Max, beginning to get concerned.

"No." Max said again, starting to cry. "You're mad at me!"

Adam tried to calm the boy down. "It's okay Max, I'm not mad at you. Are you at home?"

"No. I ran away, because you don't like me and my mommy." Max lied.

Now Adam was worried. Why did Max have Christina's cell phone and where was he. He waived over one of his band mates and scribbled down a message. Jesse Carmichael nodded and used his cell phone to call Christina's landline number.

Adam worked to keep Max on the phone. "Where are you Max?"

"I'm with all kinds of animals," Max said as he snuggled up to his big teddy bear.

"Are you at a zoo?" Adam asked.

"No, these animals are cuddlier." Max said, no longer crying. He liked talking to Adam.

Jesse came back, his note said that no one could get a hold of Christina. Adam gave him Carson's number and said to get Christina's assistant's number. Max may have run away, that is who he was talking to. Jesse wrote back, asking if they should contact the police. Adam shook his head no and wrote, not yet.

"Do you see anyone you can ask for help?" Adam tried another tactic.

Max liked this game, "No. I'm all alone."

"The animals that you are with, are they toys?"

"Yes!"

Adam then realized the boy was with stuffed animals. So he could be in a toy store. "Are you at a store?"