CHAPTER #9

The group of women that joined Adam at his house, first went into his pool then into the hot tub. They were wearing just their bras and panties, a few even were topless. Adam was sandwiched between Behati and Christina. He didn't mind at all. His dog was a hit, as a server of beer bottles. The girls started a game of truth or dare. There was a lot of naked dares, truth about sexual encounters and everyone kissing everyone else. He had to admit, that having Christina and Behati kiss right over top of him, was a huge turn on. Once the hot tub fun was over, he called a cab for the girls to go home. Christina made sure all her friends had their things and were okay. She herself was still drunk, but not as bad as everyone else. Behati passed out half on and half off the couch. With Adam's help they got her on the couch and covered up.

"Wow. Talk about one crazy girls night out!"

Adam shook his head in agreement. "Feel like going up to bed?"

"Are you sure you want me to stay? What if your date wakes up?" Christina asked carefully.

He smirked, "then she can join us."

Christina rolled her eyes. "I need a shower first... alone."

They went upstairs and Christina did just that. She came out wearing his robe. With no make-up on she felt a bit vulnerable. But he wasn't a jerk, he just picked her up and carried her over to his bed. Then he proceeded to remove the robe and enjoy every inch of her skin. They were just finished having sex, when Behati called out for Adam. Christina put her clothes back on and fixed his bed sheets. Why she did that, she didn't know. When she came downstairs, she could hear Adam talking to his date in the kitchen. Frankie greeted her with a lot of tail wagging. From what she overheard, Behati wasn't feeling well. To make things less complicated, Christina called a cab and left. She sent Adam a text message, to say good night.

'You didn't have to leave. I was going to call a cab for Behati,' came his reply text.

Christina smiled, 'less complicated this way. Don't forget we have the Up-fronts to do.'

'See you on the red carpet.'

It was two days after that and the day of the up-fronts, that they even saw each other again. It was being held in NY at the Radio City Music Hall, so Adam, Cee Lo and Christina had to fly there.  Christina missed her plane and had to get a later flight. The Voice producers were not happy that she'd missed the red carpet. They felt that the Ad buyers wouldn't find that professional and would black ball NBC. But they didn't have to worry about ratings or network interest, due to the frenzy on twitter. The media tweeted that she hated Adam so much that she refused to walk the red carpet with him. She texted Adam and he said he had tweeted that he loved awkward moments. She sent him a happy face. Their relationship was still secret and that she was thankful for. By the time she finally got there, her fellow judges were just going on stage. They promoted their show, answered questions, etc. Christina leaned on Cee Lo, while Adam stood at the other end of the stage.  She wondered if he was still playing up their 'feud' or if he was keeping his distance due to something Behati said. Either way, she was too tired to care. Let the media think they were still fighting.

Katharine McPhee and Megan Hilty of "Smash" sang a duet, while the Voice judges sat in their red chairs and watched. Robert Greenblatt, Chairman of NBC Entertainment sat in the chair where Blake would have been. It was announced that The Voice would be on Mondays holding an 8pm to 10pm time slot for the fall. The venue for the presentation, was appropriate since The Voice and Smash were two shows centred around music.  Adam, Cee Lo and Christina offered words of encouragement to Jermaine Paul, who as the winner of Season 2, had to do a performance for the Ad executives. Katherine Mc Phee from SMASH, performed another song, solo.